What are you listening to now? Page 1,519

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 22nd July 2023, 7:51 AM

Today's Taboo Challenge
Describe Pulp without using the words 'total', 'utter', 'shit' and 'f**king'.

Brilliant - especially Different class which is.

I am currently listening to "Caught by the Heart" by Tim Finn and Phil Manzanera. A very interesting album.

Desert island discs - Steve Coogan

Forgot to mention that Pulp are shit.
Currently listening to Steve Jones' Freedom Fighter. It reminds me of Pulp. Any guesses why?

Petticoat Line on Radio 4 Extra. Vaguely remember this, a kind of radio predessesor to Loose Women.

Beryl Reid sounds very naughty as does Renee Houston.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cA61D7C_uK0&pp=ygUVa2VlcCBpdCBpbiB0aGUgZmFtaWx5

Morrissey - the National Front Disco

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=wpIVk2AY3sw&pp=ygUdYmFycm9vbSBoZXJvIGRyb3BraWNrIG11cnBoeXM%3D

☘️ 🥾

I never liked Peter Hook, but then I saw The Light.
I never liked the Pet Shop Boys' music, but then I discovered It's All Right.
I never liked Pulp. They are total and utter f**king shit.

Pulp are shit.

What do you call a singer with four dogs? Sporty Spice.

Gary Numan - remind me to smile

First Aid Kit on Craig Charles Radio 6 Music programme.

Just listening to Tony Blackburn and Where do you go to my lovely? by Peter Sarstedt.
I always thought the lyrics were weird. The line "Where you keep your Rolling Stones records and a friend of Sacha Distel."
Who is this friend of Sacha that she keeps alongside the Rolling Stones records? Surely that kidnapping.

Quote: Chappers @ 26th August 2023, 8:43 AM

Just listening to Tony Blackburn and Where do you go to my lovely? by Peter Sarstedt.
I always thought the lyrics were weird. The line "Where you keep your Rolling Stones and a friend of Sacha Distel."
Who is this friend of Sacha that she keeps alongside the Rolling Stones records? Surely that kidnapping.

I think you've missed out a vital word there. If she keeps the Rolling Stones and her friend of Sacha Distel in her fancy apartment, it would be very crowded indeed.