BCG Fantasy Premier League 2023/24 Page 3

Being sorted now Don. And just to let players know the start date is not the 5th but the 12th according to the super 6 site, but it is back to a £Million for a full house so week 1 is the week to win it as it'll soon drop to quarter mill, the cheapskates. And can we interest Godot to play? Godot? (Totally different game and much less time consuming, if you're busy with work and stuff.)

Keen minds and crafty craniums take heed!

Super 6: Round 1

Brighton v Luton

Everton v Fulham

Bournemouth v West Ham

Newcastle v Aston Villa

Brentford v Spurs

Chelsea v Liverpool

I know the Super 6 has it's own thread
but as it's momentarily invaded this thread, can I ask if you can play it without joining any leagues.

And back to the main thread topic
(And to get the thread back on the front page)
I don't have much clue about who's going to do well this season
Man City of course, though I don't fancy them for the title
of teh promoted teams Burnley looked good, but what about Luton and their little ground they could get by on home form I suppose
Will Arsenal still be up there, I doubt that but maybe CL standard
a lot depends on What sort of Spurs, Chelsea and Liverpool teams are going to turn up next season*
Newcastle I see improving so it will be a ding dong battle for top 4 I think

(alright don't waste all your footy chat Steve you'll have to stick in a few lines each week to stay in)

Good luck all for the new season

Now for a bit of meddling with my team before the Kick off

*Oh yeah Man U as well I suppose

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 9th August 2023, 8:30 PM

but as it's momentarily invaded this thread, can I ask if you can play it without joining any leagues.

Yes you can.

(But what you now have to decide is what question I am actually answering.)

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 9th August 2023, 8:30 PM

but as it's momentarily invaded this thread

Not invaded, "partnered with". Hoping we can merge both threads together.

It's just they are different games
The Head 2 head I can understand, but the Super 6 should be merged with the gambling thread if anything

Although It would keep you on the thread during your "Sabbatical" so I can see the merit, as we are lacking whatever it is that you do
This thread is an annoying mess every season so I see no reason why the Super 6 can't get a mention here and there if it varies the posting a bit albeit incongruously.

Harry Kane doing his Joe Strummer act again.

Looking forward to another season of hijinks with you absolute heartthrobs and Brexiteers.

Hang on I'm not a Brexiteer, so I must be....
Aww shucks ( I always knew it )

You were quite the phenomenon for a bit last season Ben
I hope you go back to your normal form this season

You're definitely a throbber.

Doesn't look like Godot's relented on Don unless he sends him the code today. I'd send it him myself but ofcourse we don't have access to it. Shame not to have such a good player in the game, it is after all a GAME ffs, and he posted more than some here, which I believe is Godot's main grizzle.

And with Herc on one of his sabbaticals it's going to struggle to get off the ground this season. Last appeal to the fuhrer for clemency to save the clique league from oblivion. Lets start anew Godot, sport should be open for all, put politics aside and let the people play, I say.

It must be personal.
We all have different personalities which makes the party swing.
You put your 'thick skin suit on and hope to give as much as you get.

We're all out in my area

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 11th August 2023, 8:22 AM

Doesn't look like Godot's relented on Don unless he sends him the code today. I'd send it him myself but ofcourse we don't have access to it. Shame not to have such a good player in the game, it is after all a GAME ffs, and he posted more than some here, which I believe is Godot's main grizzle.

And with Herc on one of his sabbaticals it's going to struggle to get off the ground this season. Last appeal to the fuhrer for clemency to save the clique league from oblivion. Lets start anew Godot, sport should be open for all, put politics aside and let the people play, I say.

Don's ban was for cheating, not failing to post or because of 'politics'. It's also not personal as Goodlad alleges as I have been enduring shithousery and abuse from Don for years. I can take it. I made the effort to make him two manager of the month collages the season before last so it's clearly not personal. I agree that it is a shame that he's not playing but I offered people the chance to advocate for him and only you and Goodlad have done so. You've both come out strongly (although neither of you has offered any mitigation) but no-one else has, so I'm not going to rescind his ban. It is a shame, but so is f**king cheating, which is actually what we're talking about here. I note that Don has not offered any kind of apology or mitigation beyond trying to smear me.

Radish has made no effort to post so is also suspended this season. Shame as I like him too, but it wouldn't kill him to post two lines.

Don is still part of this league, he's been suspended for one season, and he is very welcome to post here. I hope he will come back strong next season and try to add to his bursting trophy cabinet - just by fair means.

I certainly have suggested mitigation for him, supposition which you flatly rejected. To make a binding unilateral judgment on someone without a public trial and recourse to a defence isn't binding, it isn't even legal.

Good luck to everyone this season. Let's remember to all act in accordance to the spirit of the game ie. Corruption, bullying, sports washing, politically motivated and hate. ❤️