The Change

The Change is an upcoming British comedy drama series written and created by Bridget Christie for Channel 4. Made by Expectation Entertainment and directed by Al Campbell, the six-part series is produced by Lisa Mitchell, and executive produced by Bridget Christie, Nerys Evans and Morwenna Gordon

Looking forward to this , mainly because Bridget Christie is BRILLIANT

Didn't do much for me honestly.I gave the first 2.5 episodes a chance but it frankly bored me to tears,
Nary a chuckle to be had.It tried with its eclectic villager schtick but just poorly written.
Whitehouse was the only one who made me smile a bit.

I really enjoyed it, but then I am a bit biased because I love Bridget Christie's stand up.

Lots of laughs, good dialogue. A bit on the nose with the husband being a completely useless arse but I'm sure he'll get some development.

Loved it. It's shot so beautifully. Especially once she left home.
Reminded me a bit of Northern Exposure and the recent Flowers.
Great actors playing bit parts too!

I just saw a good review in my paper today so I might give it a go.

Binged the series and I loved every second. Bridget puts in a wonderful performance, good supporting characters (although I have to say Djalili's character is so genuinely pathetic and useless I cant believe he made it to adulthood lacking such basic skills), and I loathed Tarbuck's sister character although I'm guessing that was the point. The ending nicely sets up Series 2.

I liked this a lot. A really warm and unaffectedly odd programme.

"It's a minefield for white people, Joy, all this blackface stuff".

Only seen the first one so far. But good. Extremely promising.

Fairly enjoyed the first two and will watch further. Curious show. The slightly bizarre Jinsy/Wicker Man crossover feel of the town and locals is feeling a bit unnecessary and odd at this point, but I'm interested to see how it develops and what the purpose of those oddities may be.

Really pleased this has been recommissioned. After so many comedies getting cancelled recently, it's nice to have a second series to look forward to!

Yes. A good show.