Harry Enfield's Television Programme Page 2

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ July 13 2011, 12:01 AM BST

And if we're talking about the first series didn't they have the Double Take Brothers, which were an early prototype of Jedward?

They were members of the Brains Trust in comparison...

Coming soon to That's TV.

First two episodes of series 1 are being shown on the channel tomorrow night (31st May) from 10.05pm.

Quote: little ern @ 30th May 2022, 10:14 PM

Coming soon to That's TV.

First two episodes of series 1 are being shown on the channel tomorrow night (31st May) from 10.05pm.

I still can't find That's TV.

I always thought it was quite weak. Funny, but a bit obvious. And that 'Only me' character was beyond Blackadder and History Today irritating. I once read they killed him off cos the directors couldn't take it any more.
Harry also turns up in one of the best Filthy, Rich and Catflap episodes.

Great at the time, maybe not so great in retrospect. I think the more recent Harry and Paul was much better.

Smashy and Nicey live on, spinning platters to the delight of their fellow sunset home residents.

For Smashy & Nicey alone, this was a great series. The one hour? Xmas special the two did is still one of the funniest things I've seen.
But didn't the Scousers come from this series as well? Side splittingly funny. They wouldn't be allowed to do those stereotypes today. Maybe it's why we don't see many repeats of them now.

Just found one of his shows on That's TV although half way through.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IDFurMPPzJ8

Oh yes I remember the drinking song sketch
Loved the Harry Enfield show in more or less all it's guises
He's a National comedy Treasure, and doesn't really get quite the love he deserves

Harry Enfield is a comedy genius.

Quote: Joey Vimsante The Poet @ 21st November 2023, 1:58 PM

Harry Enfield is a comedy genius.

Something I agree with you on.