Train line(s) close-down series

Hi guys and gals. A friend of mine in a rest home, has asked if I can remember the name of a series, probably a couple of decades or older, that dealt with a young guy from 'the ministry' who was sent to a particular railway station, to gain the necessary information to close it down. I believe in the end he sided with the station and it's 'friends' and said station is saved. I do vaguely remember such a series but cannot think of it's title. Any help would be great!

Love On A Branch Line? With Leslie Phillips.

Looks rather charming.
It had completely passed me by.
Mind you, mid-90's was a bit of a blur.
I might give this a go.
Looks like it's up on (whispers) YouTube.

The above , was the first one I thought of, but apparently not what my amigo was referring to. Maybe it will just become one of life's mysteries, I guess!

The Darling Buds Of May and Oh Doctor Beeching! include elements of that base premise, but neither match entirely. If it's not Love On A Branch Line and definitely relevision (rather than radio or film), I suspect your friend may have a number of memories conflated.

Indeed Aaron, it could an amalgamation or intermixture of shows!
Seriously though folks, the 'Beeching' may be it and I have passed that information on.
Hopefully we are not talking 'Pettycoat Junction here!

There are clips from Oh Doctor Beeching on You Tube but no full episodes I can see.

Do you have the means to download a couple and show to your friend to see if they click?