BCG Fantasy Premier League 2021/22 Page 72

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 18th March 2022, 2:37 PM

Vote YES for there to be a Manager of the Month Award
Vote No for there to be a Manager of the Month Award

YES, if it's that important, but I'm not arsed as the likelihood of moi winning it is sub-zero.

More importantly, will there be a Crap Manager of the Month, as I would then stand a chance of winning summat..

Playing with an available squad of 10 for this gameweek. Hopefully I'll have enough quality in there.

Good luck all.

Just noticed I've been a member of the site for 10 years this June.

I posted a bit in some Sitcom threads back at the start. Off topic, but what's everyone's top 3 sitcoms of the last ten years?

I liked Plebs - solely because of Groomio- and Car Share was quite pleasant, but I'd struggle to name a third.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 18th March 2022, 2:37 PM

... That said, this is the third time you've mentioned 'manager of the month' so this is clearly something you would like to be part of the clique

God, no. Couldn't give a shit about MOTM, and only post it cos I'm top every month.

Would like a new league name though, which you promised months ago. How's that coming along?

So... only 8 teams playing this gameweek. Thought I'd be clever and use my free hit so that I had every game covered. The first game over and all three of my players in that game played. A grand total of zero points. Might just as well not have bothered.

Well that's f**king great - managed to scrape together 10 players, and 2 of them didn't play at all.

Roll on next season. ?

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 18th March 2022, 10:39 PM

A grand total of zero points. Might just as well not have bothered.

"Take it easy, nothing matters in the end" - William Shatner

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 18th March 2022, 11:12 PM

Well that's f**king great - managed to scrape together 10 players, and 2 of them didn't play at all.

I've never been bottom of the league, but I don't think taking a 20 point hit is the way out of it.

F****n ref done me over there.

Took a gamble on Jimenez captain. Also had money on a Wolves win.

Now effectively minus 10 for the week.

Been doing alright lately as well.

Quote: don rushmore @ 19th March 2022, 1:35 AM

I've never been bottom of the league, but I don't think taking a 20 point hit is the way out of it.

#

I didn't have a team left, post Week 29, which would have given me F'all, so I couldn't see any other way.

Besides, someone has to be bottom ?

Quote: jphellpool @ 19th March 2022, 9:20 AM

Took a gamble on Jimenez captain. Also had money on a Wolves win.

Don't want to rub salt into the wound but, for future reference, Paddy Power & Bet365 (on-line at least) both pay out your bet as a winner when your team goes 2 up regardless of the ultimate result. Applies to Premier League, EFL, Scottish Premiership and others.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th March 2022, 9:23 AM

I didn't have a team left, post Week 29, which would have given me F'all, so I couldn't see any other way.

Fair enough.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 19th March 2022, 9:23 AM

#
Besides, someone has to be bottom ?

You're not bottom. That's Lazzard, who'll go down in the history books with a big fat DID NOT FINISH next to his name.

Quote: don rushmore @ 19th March 2022, 4:56 PM

Fair enough. Ta ?

You're not bottom. That's Lazzard, who'll go down in the history books with a big fat DID NOT FINISH next to his name.

Ooh, I say - does he know this? I do fully agree, though.

Might be time to resurrect this graphic of me being mistaken for Noel Edmonds in a pub in Stroud.

If the Covid f**king nonsense is still going on next season I'm not playing. Two uninjured players out because they tested positive. I don't have Eriksen but he's the only reason I even bought Toney, let alone captained him, because he's been feeding him like a baby lately.

Elsewhere Kilman benched again after playing 28 games, Raphina out in a 5 goal game in which he almost certainly would have got attacking returns and Ramsdale injured, denying me the Arsenal cleanie. Genuinely comedy twists of fate in a GW in which I had 9 good players to start.

Quote: don rushmore @ 18th March 2022, 10:28 PM

God, no. Couldn't give a shit about MOTM, and only post it cos I'm top every month.

Apart from August, September, October and January.

Quote: don rushmore @ 18th March 2022, 10:28 PM

Would like a new league name though, which you promised months ago. How's that coming along?

Getting you c**ts to vote isn't easy. You, Shotgun and Bunter have just posted without voting on the Manager of the Month Award which is only one page back in the thread and I asked everyone to participate in.

If people can vote for the Manager of the Month Award, I'll set up a vote for the new league name, which is overdue.

Quote: jphellpool @ 19th March 2022, 9:20 AM

Yep.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 20th March 2022, 4:16 PM

Getting you c**ts to vote isn't easy. You, Shotgun and Bunter have just posted without voting on the Manager of the Month Award which is only one page back in the thread and I asked everyone to participate in.

If people can vote for the Manager of the Month Award, I'll set up a vote for the new league name, which is overdue.

My (lone) vote is at the top of this page, and I would also like to push for my suggestion again of "The Gents" ?

Manager of the month adds spice to the season, especially for those that are inconsistent (me for one)
I vote yes.
But right now I'm looking at toppling the Don in the H2H.