The Fan (1949) aka "Lady Windermere's Fan"

Why another remake I thought to myself, but this one took Oscar Wilde's famous tale and added some back story to the original by having two characters (George Sanders as Lord Robert Darlington and Madeleine Carroll as Mrs. Erlynne) meet again in WWII, where the fan was being auctioned at a bomb damaged sale, and they reminisced about how the Sanders character tried to wreck the marriage of Lady Windemere and Carroll's saved it - for which she had very good reason too. spoiler alert

Quite good, but did seem longer than the 1½ hours in the listings.

Try Fanny Hill - Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 21st September 2021, 9:16 AM

Try Fanny Hill - Memoirs of a Woman of Pleasure.

If you want that sort of thing - try this, from the brilliant Max MIller (hope you're listening oldrocker) :D

Superb Laughing out loud Forget Roy Chubby Brown - this is the master and subtle is the game.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st September 2021, 9:22 AM

If you want that sort of thing - try this, from the brilliant Max MIller (hope you're listening oldrocker) :D

Superb Laughing out loud Forget Roy Chubby Brown - this is the master and subtle is the game.

FILTH!!!!!!!! But I like it...

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 22nd September 2021, 4:40 PM

FILTH!!!!!!!! But I like it...

That's why Max was so clever, and got away with it at a time when sex jokes were a complete no-no - it's all in your mind.

As he said "There'll never be another, lady" Very funny and clever comedian.

There's a statue of him in Brighton Pavilion gardens.

Just realised this has already been pointed out, complete with photo, by the estimable Fat Owl in a dedicated thread.

Love the man, but sadly there is very little of his work on film, as he was also a sight to behold, which he used to his advantage with the ladies in the audience who loved it/him.

"Now you're married, now you know what's what" Laughing out loud

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 21st September 2021, 9:22 AM

Yes very good - thanks.

Is that the same Gordon Bennett who runs seven marathons every week while also excelling in the Decathlon, has at the age of 29 bought the entire 1970s history of rock music in farmers' markets more notable for their produce of artichokes and beans than reviving Lynyrd Skynyrd via hologram, and who lives in a palace, being a part of a Central European royal dynasty himself, while also clearly being a 70-something geezer who is forever confined in a dubious council tower block close to Old Trafford?

Or just another one?