BCG Fantasy Premier League 2020/21 Page 88

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 24th May 2021, 1:19 AM

I'm third at the moment anyway
so congrats Big Phil Soccer team

WTF!!!!!

I look, you are top and now a load of f**king strangers have joined in at the last minute! F**k Big Phil, whoever he is. Angry

I can tolerate 12th, maybe, BUT 21st!? No way!!! Godot's down to 6th - he won't be happy.

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 24th May 2021, 2:42 AM

? Teary I haven't invited anyone in! I've sent a message to the FPL to sort this out. As I said the delete players button has never worked. But they will not be playing here next season. I've no idea how they arrived here but they can f**k off. Message sent and awaiting reply.

Precisely - go get 'em Floyd. :D

Someone in our league must have given them the code.....but who?
We have a rat.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 24th May 2021, 7:40 AM

Someone in our league must have given them the code.....but who?
We have a rat.

Well some people don't thank other people when they pay off the fiver wager they lost. Whistling nnocently

Quote: Godot Taxis @ 23rd May 2021, 11:05 AM

Now that the shops are open again, I don't see any reason why you can't get yourself down to Scope or Oxfam to pick up an old dictionary and find out out what the word 'banter' actually means.

I have several dictionaries thank you and they variously describe banter as "to make good-natured fun of someone; to joke or jest; wit at expense of another; pleasantry.

None of them, surprisingly, define it as calling people the "C" word, eagerly anticipating someone's premature death or telling people to F... Off". Whereas "feigning outrage" (as Alf so perceptively described it) and encouraging others to play along with that scenario...

Maybe, rather like April Fool's Jokes, there is a spectrum of banter with one end being the sophistication of the harvesting of a spaghetti tree and the other end the childish delight of a hidden whoopee cushion.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th May 2021, 6:15 AM

..............go get 'em Floyd. :D

Just in case you wondered where that phrase came from............

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th May 2021, 8:50 AM

Well some people don't thank other people when they pay off the fiver wager they lost. Whistling nnocently

Thanks for the monopoly fiver Herc. :S

I'll put it towards Mayfair.

I own that Cool

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 24th May 2021, 2:42 AM

? Teary I haven't invited anyone in! I've sent a message to the FPL to sort this out. As I said the delete players button has never worked. But they will not be playing here next season. I've no idea how they arrived here but they can f**k off. Message sent and awaiting reply.

I hope this is sorted, Alf as it has ruined the end of an "interesting" period in BCG FPL history

If I was Steve, I'd be seriously pissed off!! Angry

I'm not really annoyed, I don't think it devoids the result just messes up the look of the final table
quite curious as to why it happened though

Well done Steve!

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 25th May 2021, 10:45 AM

I'm not really annoyed, I don't think it devoids the result just messes up the look of the final table
quite curious as to why it happened though

Unnecessary intrusion, then.

Quote: Steve Sunshine @ 24th May 2021, 12:26 AM

Thanks Herc, (although I'm Fozzie again now)

I'm confused.com. :S

You said you were Fozzie now, and that's what I put on the cup for you.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th May 2021, 6:15 AM

I can tolerate 12th, maybe, BUT 21st!? No way!!!

22nd - Playfull's due another 100 points.

Quote: don rushmore @ 25th May 2021, 12:30 PM

22nd - Playfull's due another 100 points.

Have pity! Heartless bastard, hitting a man when he's down. Teary

WELL!! The plot thickens - I don't know how you got on Alf, but I did contact them yesterday, wanting to know what happened and/or why they did it, and this is their reply just received :

Hi Hercules,
Thanks for the email.
We don't enter teams into private leagues.
If they've entered the league, they've done this using the league code.
Please get back to us if you have any other questions.
Regards
Fantasy Premier League Support

The key phrase there, of course, is "they've done this using the league code." BUT even if somebody in the CLIQUE did divulge the code, who the f**k is going to bother - I mean, you are looking at some dozen extra punters chucking their all in. Can't see that happening.
F**king weird, if you ask me.

Quote: ContainsNuts @ 25th May 2021, 11:16 AM

Well done Steve!

Thanks Anton mate
See you next season

and everyone else ( it starts week 1 by the way the clue is in the one)