Two In Clover Page 2

Quote: Jack Massey @ August 11 2010, 11:42 AM BST

Jack Parnell who wrote the very catchy theme tune to Two In Clover has died of cancer at the age of 87.

Sad news, but a good innings!

And yes Alfred, IMO it is better.

I've started re-watching Two In Clover today, and really had forgotten just how good it is. Great writing with pitch-perfect performances from the cast. A true joy to watch.

This was great. Had truly classic writing. Had about 5 years left in this

Quote: Aaron @ 9th January 2007, 5:18 PM

Love it. Absolutely brilliant. So much more funny than The Good Life.

Ordered them both tonight...before reading this thread. Very looking forward to them. Seen 2 or 3 episodes of GL before, TiC is completely new to me. The latter one was recommended to me by amazon, either because GL was in my shopping basket for weeks or because I recently bought Bless This House and put George & The Dragon and Citizen James in my shopping basket.
Again, I'm very looking forward to these two shows.

Lettuce know how it's growing, hoe hoe. Or not. Never seen it would like to know if it's as good as some say. If it was then why only two series? I've never seen this appear as repeat on any channel which also makes me suspicious of the claim it's that good.

Funnier than The Good Life I can easily get but better Aaron, better? ! The Good Life is I'd say the ultimate feel good sitcom and the best example of how a sitcom can be much more than a simple vessel for laughs. Idealism, aspirations and familiarity have never been exploited better than in The mighty Good Life. It rewrote the manual for great sitcoms.

I enjoyed it. The chemistry between Sid and Victor was great. They worked well together, the characters was good, good writing. It ain't Sid's best work by any means as he's better in other shows! Also loved how there was a reference to Barbara Windsor in Carry On Camping in one episode. A good series! Not Sid James best work, but he was great and had good chemistry with Victor.

I also love the guest appearances by a lot of Dad's Army stars strangely enough in this show! John Le Mesurier (Sgt Wilson) appeared as a chairman committee and a local magistrate. Bill Pertwee (Chief Warden Hodges) appears in the show a few times as a Policeman. James Beck (Private Walker) appeared in it as a doctor as well, he died tragically young which is very very sad! Also John Inman appears a Bowler in one episode which is very interesting to see!