Political Correctness gone mad Page 3

Quote: Lazzard @ 27th February 2021, 3:18 PM

Ha!
From the guy who edited my quote about an hour ago.

How sad - I changed one letter for a joke, not take something completely out of context to score points.

You know the rules Herc - no jokes.
Any you make may be taken down and used as evidence in a kangaroo court against you.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th February 2021, 12:01 PM

Are you seriously suggesting that they spoke like that back in the 16th century.

Yup, to a great extent, though not in blank verse, thou varlet; other authors of past times wrote in very flowery English, see Pepys diaries.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th February 2021, 12:01 PM

So we lie back and accept the insidious creep of American English do we? F**king great. Thank God I won't be around to hear it.

'fraid so.

Quote: Stephen Goodlad @ 28th February 2021, 12:45 PM

You know the rules Herc - no jokes.
Any you make may be taken down and used as evidence in a kangaroo court against you.

I'll plead insanity. Huh?

Quote: billwill @ 28th February 2021, 3:12 PM

Yup, to a great extent, though not in blank verse, thou varlet; other authors of past times wrote in very flowery English, see Pepys diaries.
'fraid so.

Forsooth

Quote: Lazzard @ 27th February 2021, 2:36 PM

Christ.

Used in this context I find that offensive.

Quote: Chappers @ 28th February 2021, 7:28 PM

Used in this context I find that offensive.

Me too

But I forgive him

Quote: Lazzard @ 27th February 2021, 4:15 PM

*grabs popcorn*

When I saw your "warning" I didn't read the post you were so gleefully anticipating my reply to, so you've shot yourself in the foot Laughing out loud

Nice thread Herc. Constructive, informative, argumentative but equally one sided to the order of fifty. Even more so.

Most people only post when it's an important point to make and have a quiet dignity but as all newcomers can see not Herc.

My post above is best read aloud in the style of Alan Partridge,