Man About The House - The Movie

Just watched the move for the first time thought it was pretty good. A lot of nice familiar faces in the film like Spike Mulligan, Rudolph Walker, Jack Smethurst, with a reference to Love Thy Neighbour in there. I liked the film, enjoyed it. What are your thoughts if you watched the film

Not seen it in ages, got it on DVD, wasn't Bill Maynard in it as a chef where Robin works. i seem to remember the George and Mildred one being not much cop though.

Quote: Bob Carolvorderman @ 3rd January 2021, 2:04 PM

Not seen it in ages, got it on DVD, wasn't Bill Maynard in it as a chef where Robin works. i seem to remember the George and Mildred one being not much cop though.

Yep. Bill Maynard was it in as a chef. Also Peter Cellier was in it as well as Morris Pluthero, the one who was planning to knock all of the houses down where Robin and that live to build offices. I always thought till now he was dead, didn't realise Peter Cellier was still alive!

Quite a good film; not as great as the TV series, of course, but stands up much better than some adaptations. I've never particularly liked the meta stuff with the guest stars though. Feels forced and false, even if it does feature Jack and Rudolph.

Quote: Aaron @ 16th January 2021, 2:02 PM

Quite a good film; not as great as the TV series, of course, but stands up much better than some adaptations. I've never particularly liked the meta stuff with the guest stars though. Feels forced and false, even if it does feature Jack and Rudolph.

Don't think there are many of the adaptations that are as good as the TV series. I think Porridge is the exception. That is just as good as the series.