Merry Christmas Page 5

Quote: DaButt @ 29th December 2018, 10:13 PM

No idea what that is.
)

A simple but great board game, probably a bit old fashioned now. I googled to see why you don't have it there but it seems you have a version of the game Ludo's based on called Parcheesi.

Quote: Briosaid @ 29th December 2018, 10:06 PM

. It's people's livelihoods.

That's true, it's not a game it's serious, people are getting worried for their future and Brexit was bound to cause this, but being in EU has already caused loss of jobs, loss of wages, poor job security and rocketing house prices and rent meaning so many people have been priced out of the housing market while those responsible for pricing them out are happy to live ten or more to a house for their few years of pay they'd never get back home.

But it's regional. The ones who've been affected the most live where the work is. How many Poles or Romanians have flooded to Scotland to find work? Probably a few in Glasgow but nothing like the numbers in England's cities. You go to Slough, you cannot move for them. The amount of housing they have taken up in the south east is staggering, especially by the Poles who've moved their families here and intend to stay. I'm not being xenophobic it's a natural response to a takeover. You haven't suffered from mass immigration, that's good, but many have.

The UK is not the only nation fed up with the EU policies, see this video of leader Vlaams Belang at the Flemish parliament.

https://www.facebook.com/CassiusDX/videos/621654951571012/

Just had a lovely afternoon entertaining our next door neighbours and their relatives, all of whom think Brexit is the end of the world. Bill,as I've said to you on Facebook, you will never change my views and I'll never change yours. Give up.

If you all think brexit is going to be the end of the world, at what point will you realise it wasn't?

I don't give a f**k about Brexit. Or the royal family.
I can't wait for 2019. 52 weeks times 5 weekdays equals 260 episodes of 'Detto Fatto' with Bianca Guaccero.

and a happy new year

I don't think Brexit is the end of the world. It's just that people are saying it'll cure immigration, dealing with fishing quotas, poverty in the provinces and there's no statistical evidence. This is the future, it needs to be worked out properly.

Quote: jsg @ 1st January 2019, 12:20 AM

and a happy new year

I'm sorry but here's no need for that kind of talk here, if you can't say something divisive or insulting than please go to another thread. Dear oh dear. Angry

I still cannot believe Brexit is going to happen.

I didn't believe it when it was first announced and I don't believe it today.

Time will tell, of course.

Quote: Michael Monkhouse @ 31st December 2018, 1:40 PM

I don't give a f**k about Brexit. Or the royal family.
I can't wait for 2019. 52 weeks times 5 weekdays equals 260 episodes of 'Detto Fatto' with Bianca Guaccero.

Ha ha. Is that the blond bit who sent up Berlusconi. Sexy bit...of stuff or what? Lovey

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 1st January 2019, 5:23 PM

I'm sorry but here's no need for that kind of talk here, if you can't say something divisive or insulting than please go to another thread. Dear oh dear. Angry

Alfred, I think this is the first time I've seen you post something funny (how's that for an insult?)

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 1st January 2019, 7:11 PM

Ha ha. Is that the blond bit who sent up Berlusconi. Sexy bit...of stuff or what? Lovey

I'll never leave the house.
What's the difference between herpes and Berlusconi? Herpes MIGHT go away.
I still don't give a f**k about Brexit. There's never any money, and even if there was, it'd all go to the Queen.

My New Year's Resolution is to stop swearing, splitting infinitives and talking about the Spice Girls. It's what I want, what I really really want to f**king well do.

A couple of pages ago, Briosaid said that petitions don't really matter as there will be another one along shortly.

Anyway this is not for her as she probably won't read it anyway, but I thought the rest of you might like to know that parliament will have a debate on these Brexit option petitions on Monday, so you might like to see a summary and perhaps realize for yourselves that the vastly bigger number of signatures on the "Exit with No-Deal" petition actually has some real significance.

Petition Signatures:

Leave the EU without a deal in March 2019.
315,645 signatures

Leave the EU now
66,971 signatures

Walk away now! We voted for a No Deal Brexit
4,378 signatures

Grant a People's Vote if Parliament rejects the EU Withdrawal Agreement
128,269 signatures

To have a second referendum on Britain leaving the EU
2,542 signatures

STOP BREXIT
108,117 signatures

Stop Brexit if parliament rejects the deal
24,617 signatures

~~~~~~~~~~
Notice that being generous & saying that the signatories of the Stop Brexit type and "Have a referendum type" petitions are not overlapped by people signing both, the total for those two groups comes to (today) 263,345 signatures, and still being generous and assuming that the for the No-deal Exit group ARE completely overlapped The count for that group is that of the main petition i.e 315,645 signatures. {over 3 times the threshold required for an HP debate}

That exceeds the signatures of BOTH of the other options together by 19.8 percent.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Think about it for yourself, don't take anyone else's biased opinions (even mine ) or their propaganda.

Quote: billwill @ 9th January 2019, 6:50 PM

Think about it for yourself, don't take anyone else's biased opinions (even mine ) or their propaganda.

Agread.

You gov states 53% remain 47% leave. Remain has been ahead since 2017. See here:

https://whatukthinks.org/eu/questions/if-there-was-a-referendum-on-britains-membership-of-the-eu-how-would-you-vote-2/

In my humble opinion a petition totalling 0.5% of the population is less democratic than professional and respected census company, that avoids leading questions and comes under scrutiny, such as NatCen (above).