Newsjack Series 19 Page 13

I submitted one sketch about biscuit choices of John McDonnell

My sketch was about the new Alexa microwave.

One-liners: Weight Watchers rebrand, Denis Norden funeral, Andy Murray plate blunder

Jackipedia: Mercury Prize, Chuckle & Dave, Labour conference

Nice range of topics.

sketches were May Mutiny and the elephant in the room that is #BB
good luck one and all

some Newsjack almanac from last week's show courtesy of @scriptchicken

https://www.whydidthechicken.com/blog/njs19e02

sketches were Chequers Proposal Emergency Surgery and TARDIS Breakdown

One liners submitted on the Anthony Joshua fight, the crisp lorry fire and Jeremy Hunt

Quote: Danno @ 25th September 2018, 6:12 PM

Thanks for this Danno, it's really helpful.

I wish the BBC were allowed to show some of the rejections and tell us why they weren't used. But knowing my luck they'd show mine!

Quote: Danno @ 25th September 2018, 6:12 PM

Thanks Danno.

Did a sketch but only had an hour before work again. Need to be better organised. Need to try harder. It was on Kim Jong.
Did business-themed newsjackipedias this week - one on water bosses.
Did some breaking news on the man driving whilst eating lasagne, Weight Watcher rebranding (also) and the woman drinking urine for breakfast (I like toilet stuff).
Good luck.

Quote: Thosisd @ 25th September 2018, 8:09 AM

I read them at least once a day after submitting. I tend to obsess over every detail of them so am always re-reading.

Sadly, this doesn't confirm that you're normal. It just shows we're all nuts.

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Quote: Danno @ 24th September 2018, 12:08 PM

Pfffff...there goes another Monday deadline. Managed the full quota this week and feeling a little more buoyant, so here's hoping.

btw like the new look Danno.

@KingLob...I should imagine NJ gets loads of emails from contributors asking for feedback. Is that 'you're doing really well, keep it up' email an actual thing that happens? I reckon NJ sells our rejected jokes on the black market, apparently I'm an absolute hoot in Outer Mongolia and Azerbaijan.

@BTF...Good luck, I'm rootin' for ya! ...the pic is Swiss Toni from the Fast Show. Glad you like it.

Quote: Kenny Bania @ 25th September 2018, 10:58 AM

I've substituted Playmobil figures in place of Lego people - Generally, I find them more receptive to my material

I did try in front of some Sylvanian families, but they were brutal

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

For one liners I went with - crisp packet graduation gown, increase in non-payment of vehicle tax and.......eurovision moment.....another vote for weight watchers
Newsjackpedias re Labour Party and Scottish dentists

our sketches were on Cryptocurrencies and the Tower of London Raven breeding programme. good luck everyone! :)

Good luck everyone. Day job got in the way this week so nothing in the mix for me.