Guardian Angels?

An unusual topic, but there might be a few believers or sceptics or wonderers. <-- not a real word I know.

I started to believe in Guardian Angels many years ago. Believe is possibly too strong but at least suspect.
I don't think of them as actual Angels or anything religious but maybe a force or being or...........

Im 61 now and during my life, many many things have happened that through no actions or triggers from me, have occured that take some explaining.
I've faced death, ruin and all matter of incidents where it was going to end bad for me and somehow, something happened to save me.
There are many probable explanations like luck, fate and circumstances but for it to continue for 61 years to the point where you can rely on it, I am suspecting there is more to it.

The death ones especially intrigue me. I should have been dead many times over (I'm not talking illness here except for one time)
But I was hardly ever scratched or harmed facing certain death.
The 'Angel' doesnt give me a gifted life or make me rich or anything - but saves me from disaster when all is lost. :)

Perhaps you are underselling yourself and it's your courage,strength and resolve that does it ? :)

I've not been in any real life or death situations thankfully but have had a few lucky scrapes that I look back on and wonder how I was fortunate. A memorable one is when I was opening a large 5L bottle of water and attempting to pour it next to a large CRT television that was switched on. The bottle slipped because it was so heavey and bounced off a table next to the TV and poured litres of water out behind the TV. Just a few inches to the right and the water would have entered the base of the TV via the air vents and probably caused an explosion and blew the fuse box plunging the house in to darkness. I counted my lucky stars going to bed that night and resolved to not be so stupid in future and keep bottled water well away from the TV. I'm usually very careful about stuff like that but it was a lapse.

Believing in angels is no different from believing in god, and just as illogical.

I have shook hands with the devil on a number of occasions, not so sure it was down to divine intervention why I'm still here, just not my time, but when your number is up..its up and not a damn thing you can do about it.

I think believing in something, is better than disbelieving everything.

If you've all watched It's A Wonderful Life and still don't believe in angels then I'll just have to continue sitting here spitting white feathers until you do.

Great film but a fantasy.
Yes I googled it, approximately 1million a year commit suicide globally.
Where were theirs.
I do believe in something, I just question it.

Mans free will has a lot to answer for. It would be a nice thought to know that our guardian angel will fly to our rescue in time of need, but there's nothing stopping us calling on them if we believe, I know I do occasionally.

Assuming you are not talking about Trump's gun slinging teachers - yes, i think i believe. Not necessarily in 'angels' but i can imagine deceased loved ones taking an interest in our affairs from beyond the veil. I just hope they aren't watching 24/7.

I do feel that I have been blessed in so many ways so am very open minded.

How else would a remoaner explain Brexit?

Ahh brexit...we're all doomed

I have a theory, just as fanciful as angels perhaps.
Animals,birds and things can sense stuff we can't .In our dim and distant past we could too.We've lost it as we've become more civilized but sometimes it comes back.

Quote: Bill Poster @ 3rd April 2018, 10:43 PM

I have a theory, just as fanciful as angels perhaps.
Animals,birds and things can sense stuff we can't .In our dim and distant past we could too.We've lost it as we've become more civilized but sometimes it comes back.

Yes! I wonder how we can sharpen these senses again.

Instead of another force being with you I think we get by with the knowledge and experience we learn from our parents, from those loved and lost (lost as in dead, not actually lost like at a shopping centre or ferry) and our own mistakes. The biggest risk most of us take every day is driving on the roads and I've just read about that tragic accident in Florida where four British tourists were killed in a car crash. The police have a theory that the driver did a uturn at an intersection because his satnav was telling him to do that and he was unfamiliar with the area. He pulled in to the path of a pickup truck and all four occupants from Bristol, UK were killed instantly. If only he had ignored the satnav because he sensed it was too risky. That spilt second decision.