Ken Dodd Page 4

Quote: David Bussell @ March 1 2011, 9:52 AM GMT

We all have our blind spots, don't we? Have either of you two ever completed an XBox game?

No, but then I'm not trying to forge a career in the computer gaming field.

Quote: Aaron @ March 1 2011, 11:56 AM GMT

No, but then I'm not trying to forge a career in the computer gaming field.

Touche with an accent, my friend.

Quote: catskillz @ February 28 2011, 11:33 PM GMT

I find that quite surprising coming from you. you seriously need to check him out on YouTube.

Yes, definitely check him out YouTube, and not as I did with a High Def recording on a large TV.

Laughing out loud

I was a trifle scared of his face, as a child.

I might need to lie in a darkened room for a bit after that. I was mesmerised.

I quite like him

This has been unlocked to try and make Chip look foolish!

Dodd's not my cup of tea, but my nan loves him.

Five or six hours per show are just a touch self-indulgent though, surely?

People pay to sit through those shows, though.

Quote: Phoenix Lazarus @ January 25 2013, 3:10 PM GMT

Five or six hours per show are just a touch self-indulgent though, surely?

Ken Dodd's shows aren't your average comedy experience, he's not a lone performer, with two or three support acts punctuating his appearance, often including extended musical performances and dancers.

Hso Aaron how to you make love?

Quote: Aaron @ January 25 2013, 3:32 PM GMT

[pIm not a lone performer, theres two or three support acts punctuating the appearance, often including extended musical performances and dancers.

Criminey

Seeing Ken Dodd live was on my Bucket List and I am very pleased to say a couple of years ago I managed to get tickets to see him live.

It was absolutely fantastic! If you've never seen him live, you'll have at least seen him on TV and he always jokes about you leaving one of his gigs during the early hours of the morning.

He's not joking. His shows last for an eternity! You'll be sitting so long that your bum cheeks will begin to hurt (as well as your sides from laughing so much).

Don't worry though, there is an interval. Not for you, just for him! Half-way through he goes off for a break and leaves you with an act to keep you entertained whilst he has a break! At least this is what happened when I saw him live.

:)

I went to see him when I was younger... Had all his Videos lol. I went down to the front of the stage and got him to sign my program. If anyone wants it let me know. Will be more then happy to give it to a fan who will look after it :)

Watching a DVD last night that I had just rendered of the great man himself on a series called "Talking Comedy", which consists of 30 minutes worth of interview highlights from the likes of Parkinson, Wogan et al and he had me in fits of laughter. Absolutely bloody hysterical. I had to watch it twice to get all the rapid fire jokes, and at one point Parkinson just threw his notes in the air as Doddy just once again went into a very funny and long answer to one of his questions. I had tears of joy streaming down my face.

Without a doubt one of the finest stand-up comedians ever.

Seconded.