Tim Vine Travels In Time

Is there a thread for this?
If there is, can it be deleted immediately in the vain hope that the same thing will happen to the programme itself?
Jesus - and to think of some of the classics The BBC Comedy Playhouse has brought us in the past....

Quote: Lazzard @ 2nd September 2017, 11:55 AM

Jesus - and to think of some of the classics The BBC Comedy Playhouse has brought us in the past....

You called? - and to think of some of the utter dross The BBC Comedy Playhouse has brought us in the past............

I thoroughly enjoyed this, but then I am a big Tim Vine fan and not a snob when it comes to puns, which some comedians want to hypocritically look down their nose at.

Laughed all the way through and hope it gets taken up for a series.

Fair do's.

With Tim Vine you're hardly likely to get anything by way of depth. He's great at what he does, has good timing, and knows that he's a bit of a throwback. I'd rather watch this kind of thing than the pretentious non-comedy of Stewart Lee or the terminally unfunny Noel Fielding.

I like Tim Vine, but 30 minutes of wall to wall puns was too sickly. I quiet like the idea of seeing Stewart Lee and Tim Vine in an odd couple setting. If you locked them in a room together, my money's on Tim.

Stewart would just slowly lose his mind.

Kids would probably like it - but these are meant to be pilots....

Quote: zooo @ 2nd September 2017, 6:31 PM

Stewart would just slowly lose his mind.

*quickly

I like Vine and Lee both. I'm not too high brow for puns but I also immensely appreciate the pretentious non-comedy of Comedy Vehicle. I don't think either really deserve the strange torture of being paired with the other in an odd couples way...but I'd watch it anyway if it did for some reason exist.

I'm watching this now and I am quite enjoying it. But then I like Tim Vine's cheesey jokes.

I was in the studio audience for this. I enjoyed it then and I enjoyed watching it edited together. I think there's room for a silly, pun heavy sitcom like this, God knows we need escapist comedy at the moment! Plus some of the wordplay is really inspired, and the sheer number of jokes in one script is impressive. At least I hope it gets a first series to give it a chance. Incidentally I would pay good money to see Tim Vine in a room with Stewart Lee, would the world implode?

Quote: Sitcomfan64 @ 3rd September 2017, 1:10 AM

I was in the studio audience for this. I enjoyed it then and I enjoyed watching it edited together. I think there's room for a silly, pun heavy sitcom like this, God knows we need escapist comedy at the moment! Plus some of the wordplay is really inspired, and the sheer number of jokes in one script is impressive. At least I hope it gets a first series to give it a chance.

You lucky devil and yes silly comedy certainly does have its place as comedy with a message can get tiresome, very quickly.
I love Tim's work but the puns comes so quick and fast that you have to watch his work at least twice to catch everything as apart from the speed you are laughing so much you miss one or two.
And before anyone accuses him of being a one trick pony, he certainly has a comedy mind as anyone who can come up with.............................(Just plucked these off a Tim Vine's 50 best jokes and tears are streaming down my eyes. So, so funny, and clever.)

"I said to the gym instructor: 'Can you teach me to do the splits?' He said: 'How flexible are you?' I said: 'I can't make Tuesdays.'"

"I've decided to sell my Hoover - it was just collecting dust."

"I've just been on a once-in-a-lifetime holiday. I'll tell you what, never again."

"Crime in multi-storey car parks. That is wrong on so many different levels."

AND who can forget Flag Hippo, which has me in stitches every time...................

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TjqIDFjBNhQ

Utter garbage!

Sitcomfan, did you catch Vine in Edinburgh? I had him on my list but then things got complicated and he never quite made it back on my list. I'm sure there will be a DVD. That's very cool that you were there for that taping though.

And nice to see some positive enthusiasm from Herc! I sort of obsessively rewatch things anyway, but Vine is one you kind of have to rewatch. He's speedy! I slightly wonder if he'd get bigger laughs if he slowed down a bit, but his rapid fire style definitely works for him even if there's no way for it all to sink in by the time the next gag has started.

Tim Vine/Milton Jones/Stewart Francis? All "silly" gag men without an ounce of cruelty and all very funny.

Where's the link and info? When was it on? I tried to search for it on my TV but nothing came up.