It's Official, Brexit is not funny. Page 4

Quote: zooo @ 8th April 2017, 6:15 PM

(Apart from me hearing them say so.)

But how do you know that they really did vote to leave?

Quote: keewik @ 9th April 2017, 12:08 AM

All I know is that I can count on one hand the number of people I know who voted 'leave' and of them, only 2 were intelligent and educated.

Yes but you're from Scotchland. You're welcome to stay!

Quote: beaky @ 9th April 2017, 12:30 AM

Keewik's right. Brexit voters are predominantly ignorant people, fooled by the lies of the Brexiteer politicians.

You're quite welcome to live in Spain!

Quote: beaky @ 9th April 2017, 5:36 PM

I see problems if, post-Brexit, EU citizens aren't allowed to stay in the UK, in which case the EU could retaliate. Obviously expats won't be able to use the Spanish health system, but I've got private health insurance. The Pound will probably reach parity with the Euro, or even be worth less, which will directly affect me. My Spanish friends are all completely bewildered at why we're leaving the EU, they're mostly Anglophile. I tell them it's a form of madness. Even if I wasn't living in Spain, I'd still think that Brexit is the worst thing that's happened to Britain since World War 2.
And yes, I think Brexit's driven by racism.

That's total bollocks and you know it.

We just like being dictated to by non-elected bodies. That's what we thought we'd defeated in World War 2.

Quote: Chappers @ 9th April 2017, 7:09 PM

But how do you know that they really did vote to leave?

Well how do you know anything, then? Do you live in a little bubble where everyone else in the entire world is lying 100% of the time?

That's just silly.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 9th April 2017, 5:08 PM

So, in fact, on the sample of people who you currently know, 100% of leave voters are intelligent, educated & non-racist.

????? Don't think you're making sense.

Quote: beaky @ 9th April 2017, 5:36 PM

I think Brexit's driven by racism.

Maybe not.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/russian-interference-brexit-highly-probable-referendum-hacking-putin-a7472706.html

Racism against what race?

Against immigrants - mainly Eastern Europeans.

Quote: beaky @ 13th April 2017, 12:54 AM

Against immigrants - mainly Eastern Europeans.

Well you've buggered off to Spain so how can you complain about us left here. Incidentally I'm not racist against Eastern Europeans. I just feel we can't take many more in - even though you have buggered off.

I think we need to do targeted helping. Like going and rescuing all the Chechnyan gays they're currently rounding up and killing or putting in concentration camps.

Quote: zooo @ 13th April 2017, 11:19 AM

I think we need to do targeted helping. Like going and rescuing all the Chechnyan gays they're currently rounding up and killing or putting in concentration camps.

I'll point out that Chechnya is 95% Muslim and their leader is a Muslim who supports honor killings because he believes that women are the property of their husbands. So if we're going to help Chechnya we'll also have to do the same in the rest of the Muslim world, where homosexuality is considered to be a sin that's punishable by death.

EDIT: I just noticed the headline of an article in the Guardian: "Up to several hundred gay men are feared to have been rounded up and some killed in ultra-conservative Russian republic."

Sounds like they're avoiding the Islam issue entirely.

I think we will look back at Brexit and laugh. It could be the next Second World War...

Quote: Chappers @ 13th April 2017, 11:05 AM

Well you've buggered off to Spain so how can you complain about us left here. Incidentally I'm not racist against Eastern Europeans. I just feel we can't take many more in - even though you have buggered off.

The fact that you seem unconcerned about the potentially calamitous economic and social repercussions of Brexit but keep banging on about immigration proves my point, that it's mainly driven by racism.

But it's really not though. :)

Quote: beaky @ 15th April 2017, 12:19 AM

The fact that you seem unconcerned about the potentially calamitous economic and social repercussions of Brexit but keep banging on about immigration proves my point, that it's mainly driven by racism.

But you don't KNOW! It's all guesswork and scare-mongering, the problem being that some people actually believe that crap!

Quote: Paul Wimsett @ 14th April 2017, 6:53 PM

I think we will look back at Brexit and laugh. It could be the next Second World War...

That we won? Or do you mean because ultimately we lost?

Only thing I think anyone knows for sure is that it will cost a lot initially as fundamental change always does, and the benefits won't kick-in for many, many years.

Quote: fopdoodle @ 16th April 2017, 8:00 PM

Only thing I think anyone knows for sure is that it will cost a lot initially as fundamental change always does, and the benefits won't kick-in for many, many years.

Why not? Why do we have to pay anything to leave?