The Missing Hancocks Page 5

Really enjoying Andrew Secombe portraying his Dad. The scripts are still dodgy, though!

News from the Tony Hancock Appreciation Society:

A release date has been planned for the fourth and final series of The Missing Hancocks on CD. This set will include the eight remaining unreleased episodes starring Kevin McNally and Robin Sebastian, plus a bonus disc featuring a director's commentary and the Test Pilot sketch which was recreated by Kevin and Robin for the RAF centenary event.

As well as the CD, all four series of The Missing Hancocks will become available as a single digital version for download. CD set and download are planned to be released on 4 March 2021.

The two seasonal episodes that have not been heard yet are expected to be broadcast over Christmas. These are the Christmas Eve Party (24/12/2020) and The New Year's Resolutions (31/12/2020)

I like these

But I am convinced some of them aren't 'missing'

I'm certain I've heard the actual original episodes on the radio...

If you're as old as me, you may well have done................

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 14th November 2020, 1:07 PM

News from the Tony Hancock Appreciation Society:

A release date has been planned for the fourth and final series of The Missing Hancocks on CD. This set will include the eight remaining unreleased episodes starring Kevin McNally and Robin Sebastian, plus a bonus disc featuring a director's commentary and the Test Pilot sketch which was recreated by Kevin and Robin for the RAF centenary event.

As well as the CD, all four series of The Missing Hancocks will become available as a single digital version for download. CD set and download are planned to be released on 4 March 2021.

The two seasonal episodes that have not been heard yet are expected to be broadcast over Christmas. These are the Christmas Eve Party (24/12/2020) and The New Year's Resolutions (31/12/2020)

Update from the Tony Hancock Appreciation Society:

"We now have news on The Missing Hancocks over Christmas. The New Year Resolutions will be broadcast on 31st December as originally scheduled. However, broadcast of The Christmas Eve Party has been postponed and is being replaced with a repeat of The Department Store Santa. Neil Pearson has advised the BBC Editorial Standards decided that a scene in The Christmas Eve Party made light of domestic violence and that this was deemed to be too sensitive in the current COVID environment.

Unfortunately, the decision has been made. We don't have a new broadcast date but the broadcast hasn't been cancelled, just postponed. I expect that this will delay the release of the CD set by BBC Audio but I am waiting for confirmation and will update everyone as soon as we know the decision."

"Good news - we now have a The Missing Hancocks update! Although The Christmas Eve Party is not going to be broadcast this Christmas, the CD release is still going ahead on the 4th March (containing all of the unreleased episodes). A download of all 23 The Missing Hancock episodes will also be available on the same date. The download is already available to pre-order and the CD should be available to pre-order in the next few days."

https://amzn.to/3LX8FAZ

Well, this will be interesting to listen to..................

On this evening's About Anglia local news, they interviewed a chap in Lowestoft who has found another missing HHH.

He scours the internet and boot sales for reel to reel tapes and last year found a missing one (they didn't say which one) BUT NOW he has found "A Visit to Swansea", which uniquely has Harry Secombe in the cast - I wonder how the "replacement" one will compare?

https://www.comedy.co.uk/radio/the_missing_hancocks/episodes/3/4/

Full story here - with some sad news: https://www.comedy.co.uk/radio/news/7575/hancocks-half-hour-recovery/