The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 656

Quote: Will Cam @ 10th October 2016, 10:07 PM

Points is points Gordy.

True, I'm ok with every (lousy) performance as long as they qualify for the World Cup in the end. They have 9 points after 3 matches now but they definitely have to come back from their coma when they're going to play much stronger teams such as Portugal or Hungary next year, otherwise it's going to be very tough.

I'm watching the England match now....GO ON, ENTERTAIN ME!!!!

Jesus, what a no-score-bore that game was.

It was not unexpected. The bookmakers were going 'evens' from the off for a draw.
Maybe Sam would have put a firework up a few of thems arses had he not been entrapped.

Slovenia had some pretty good chances to score...Hart was lucky more than once.

Have Manchester United lost again? Oh dear. That's terrible!

"World football's governing body prohibits political, religious or commercial messages at matches."

What utter hypocritical bollocks. Every team brandishes a commercial on their shirt, the pitch surround is full of commercials.

Joey Barton is signed off from Rangers due to stress. This is the same bloke who is the love of the Guardianistas but really has always been a thug and an idiot.

I wonder if some time in the future he'll look back and think where did I go right?

Good news for QPR today with the signing of Ian Holloway. If nothing else our post-match interviews will be 1000,000,000,0000 times better than dour Hasslebank.

Watching the England match. Pretty dull apart from the goal which was very well taken. Scotland's pink kit is insipid.

Tremendous goal from Vardy. I'm so pleased for him.

Incidentally this isn't being played like a friendly*. Lots of fouls and yellow cards.

* Apart from the millions of substitutions!

Congrats to Chappers and Sutton Utd on your FA Cup win today. Were you at the Football Focus broadcast earlier? I tried to spot you.

No. I watched that from my Mum's house. I'm not one of those sad middle-aged losers. I'm a different type of sad middle-aged loser.

Incredible ending though. Let's see what the draw gives us. I only hope it's not Chelsea; as a Sutton supporter I'd love to see them beat a big team but as a(n armchair) Chelsea supporter I'd be so embarrassed if they lost.

Quote: Chappers @ 4th December 2016, 9:27 PM

No. I watched that from my Mum's house. I'm not one of those sad middle-aged losers. I'm a different type of sad middle-aged loser.

There were a couple of smartly dressed older guys in the background at the clubhouse who kept grinning at the camera in a very distracting way, like kids who'd never seen a camera before. Who were they, and what was all that about?

Quote: George Kaplan @ 4th December 2016, 11:41 PM

There were a couple of smartly dressed older guys in the background at the clubhouse who kept grinning at the camera in a very distracting way, like kids who'd never seen a camera before. Who were they, and what was all that about?

"Ooh, look Arthur we're goin' to be on'telly.................you got yer teeth in ain't yer? Right, grin!"

In other news, it gladdens my heart when I see Liverpool get their collective noses rubbed in it, f**king arrogant twats - well done Bournemouth!! :D

Quote: George Kaplan @ 4th December 2016, 11:41 PM

I don't really know them. Possibly vice-presidents.

Did you see the Tim Vine bit? Quite funny.

Anyway home to Wimbledon in the 3rd round. Could've been better but it could've been worse.

We hosted the newly reformed AFC for their first ever game in 2002.(I think). Where is Nick the Don now I wonder?

Quote: Chappers @ 5th December 2016, 9:52 PM

Anyway home to Wimbledon in the 3rd round.

A repeat of the 1963 Amateur Cup Final (I was there). In which the late, great Eddie Reynolds became - and remains - the only player ever to score 4 headed goals in a match at Wembley.

Quote: Billy Bunter @ 5th December 2016, 10:02 PM

A repeat of the 1963 Amateur Cup Final (I was there). In which Eddie Reynolds became - and remains - the only player to score 4 headed goals in a match at Wembley.

That was a bit before my time. My first game was the next season v Aldershot in the FA Cup but being 7 years old I was bored stiff (and the result was another 4-0 defeat.)

I started watching them properly in the 1966-67 season following England's World Cup win. Sutton won the league with a certain Dario Gradi playing at centre back. Oh dear!