The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 661

It was the usual knee-jerk, disloyal action from an employer in an attempt to avoid controversy rather than standing by a loyal employee, as they should until all the facts are known, and defending him.

And they nearly paid for it today.

Let's hope Leicester do likewise on Monday too.

What facts weren't known?

Quote: don rushmore @ 25th February 2017, 10:20 PM

What facts weren't known?

That, of course, is an impossible question to answer. If we know what facts aren't known, they'd be known!

That, presumably, is the remit of the respective investigations by the FA and the Gambling Commission, which have been pre-empted.

I wasn't clear.

You said, "It was the usual knee-jerk, disloyal action from an employer in an attempt to avoid controversy rather than standing by a loyal employee, as they should until all the facts are known ..."

You're assuming Sutton let him go when the facts weren't known. Perhaps they did know ALL the facts and his departure from the club was an informed decision?

Quote: don rushmore @ 26th February 2017, 12:28 AM

I wasn't clear.

You said, "It was the usual knee-jerk, disloyal action from an employer in an attempt to avoid controversy rather than standing by a loyal employee, as they should until all the facts are known ..."

You're assuming Sutton let him go when the facts weren't known. Perhaps they did know ALL the facts and his departure from the club was an informed decision?

So what would you have done Don?

If he's a good bloke who made an honest mistake - absolutely nothing.

Letting him go seems harsh but maybe there's stuff behind the scenes, past misdemeanours we don't know about. Perhaps Piegate was the final straw?

Quote: don rushmore @ 27th February 2017, 10:15 PM

If he's a good bloke who made an honest mistake - absolutely nothing.

Letting him go seems harsh but maybe there's stuff behind the scenes, past misdemeanours we don't know about. Perhaps Piegate was the final straw?

You mean like jumping the barriers and head butting a Kingstonian supporter who abused him? Where on earth did you hear a story like that?

So Sutton's coach gets sacked for a joke bet by eating a pie but Joey Barton guilty of 1,260 football bets is expected to offer mitigation for the breaches.

He's a real bastard and deserves to be kicked out of the game, not just for this for a string of crimes.

Plucky Lincoln City - pity it didn't finish on the first half score as I don't think they deserved the drubbing as they played well (especially goalie) but of course tired.

Must have been a wonderful occasion for their fans and the money came in handy.

After such a wonderful FA Cup with loads of giant killing we could finally have the country's top 4 teams in the semi-finals. When did that last happen?

Quote: Chappers @ 12th March 2017, 8:32 PM

After such a wonderful FA Cup with loads of giant killing we could finally have the country's top 4 teams in the semi-finals. When did that last happen?

Sorry - I meant 3 of the top 4 plus Arsenal.

Can Chicago Fire win the World Cup now that they've got Bastian Schweinsteiger playing for them?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39447260

Stoopid Yanks!

Muppets!

It's little wonder Ronaldo was bemused as shown on the news when this was unveiled - wasn't there a point somewhere along the line when somebody said to the sculptor "You know what, that is crap"

I have posted this link before -

http://www.socceronsunday.com/issue/march-2017/

It is a spoof football news site which is quite funny. The interesting thing is that it is purportedly written by -

"Soccer on Sunday is written by a footballer who currently plays in the Premier League. Because the stories poke fun at players and managers the author knows personally, he has vowed not to reveal his identity until he retires from playing."

Any guesses as to who?