I read the news today oh boy! Page 1,863

:D

Quote: Lazzard @ 22nd November 2016, 6:57 PM

Or the disabled, come to that.

:D

Since when did bloody Trump become an expert on British diplomacy and Scottish windfarms? He isn't even running his own country yet but he thinks he can dictate about how we run ours.

And don't start me on his neo-Nazi supporters.

Quote: keewik @ 23rd November 2016, 12:11 AM

And don't start me on his neo-Nazi supporters.

*cabinet.

Regarding Scotland, I believe Hadrian had the right idea.. :);)

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 23rd November 2016, 8:57 AM

Regarding Scotland, I believe Hadrian had the right idea.. :);)

Ha, yes. He knew we'd deal with him!

Who the f**k is Silky?

Would that be Alice's sister?

John Major : "..... The tyranny of the majority has never applied in a democracy and it should not apply in this particular democracy."

I know buggerall about politics but that just doesn't sound right to me.

The death of Fidel Castro at 90, which is a good age, especially for someone who always had a cigar in his gob.

Probably won't mean much to the young whipper-snappers today or on this forum but in the early 60s he nearly brought about an Armageddon as I well remember in my last year at school the teacher telling us how grave the situation was becoming in Cuba, which then got worse when Castro let the Russians ship in nuclear weapons.

It was a very dodgy time and we all feared the worse, but in a mega game of poker, Kennedy bluffed (or maybe not?), Khrushchev blinked first and it was all over bar the shouting.

Yes, a major figure in the world's history is/was Fidel Castro.

Quote: wigwam willy @ 26th November 2016, 7:35 AM

John Major : "..... The tyranny of the majority has never applied in a democracy and it should not apply in this particular democracy."

I know buggerall about politics buts that just doesn't sound right to me.

Yes it is the tyranny of the elite minority we need to rein in a bit.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 26th November 2016, 9:54 AM

Yes, a major figure in the world's history is/was Fidel Castro.

Good riddance.

He was a total dick. It's so weird seeing people act like it's sad.

May assured mutual destruction put him off.

Fidel Castro, was he an important political figure or just famous because he annoyed the USA ?