Best sitcom episode ever Page 4

Quote: swerytd @ January 16, 2007, 9:46 AM

Peep Show thinks it's series two, when Mark figures out Sophie's hotmail address was brilliant.

Just watched this last night again. Series 2, first episode and I was crying with laughter. Especially the breaking taboos bit where Jeremy walks out of his bedroom and *looks* at Mark, just after his girlfriend tells him to 'pretend that I'm your mother!'

Dan

My favourite Peep Show is the one were they get lost in the country side.

Although not a big fan of blackadder, the last one (the one when they go “Over the Top”) was a fantastic piece of televisions. I recalled seeing it when it first when out and having a Kennedy Moment.

Also recall seeing it repeated when they cut it a few seconds short and talked over the ending F*&$ing prats.

Yeah that is a good one, although slightly worn thin by my history teacher playing it over and over again.

Probably Father Ted where they have the fun fair and Father Jack goes up on the bench. (So much seems to happen in one episode that I get confused - old git). Or the one with the Caravan holiday and Graham Norton doing Riverdance and the caravan topples over.

"These cows are small, those cows are very far away"

Classic. The trouble is Ardal O'Hanlan played the part so well I can't accept him in anything else.

Got to the end of this thread and got pipped to the post by David Chapman. I also loved the other episode with Graham Norton & "Victor Meldrew" I think it was called "The Mainland"

I don't have a set list, but I'll tell you the very best episodes of my favorite shows

The Office (UK)- 1.4, 2.1 and 2.5

NewsRadio - The Public Domain, Arcade and Smoking

Spaced - Epiphanies and Gone

I'm Alan Partridge - 1.3, 1.4 and 1.5 and 2.2 and 2.3

Seinfeld - The Outing (pretty much most of Season 4 is perfect), The Puffy Shirt and The Chinese Woman

Larry Sanders Show - Hank's Night in the Sun and Everybody Loves Larry

Phoenix Nights - 1.4 and 2.1

Peep Show - 1.3, 2.1, 2.3 and 2.6

The Mighty Boosh - The Legend of Old Gregg and The Nightmare of Milky Joe

Someone before mentioned All Over My Glasses from Human Remains, which is defintely one of my favortites. That's good for now.

Curb Your Enthusiasm - The Doll.

The episode of Seinfeld where time runs backwards is very good and very clever.

Hole from Bottom always make me giggle incessantly :P
also Schmoozin' from Ab Fab :D

I thought I would list my favourite episodes of favourite shows, as follows:

Only Fools And Horses: Yuppie Love. Yes, its got the famous bar pratfall in it, but everything about this episode works. It sets up the whole Del-yuppie storyline, as well as Rodney/Cassandra, and has some cracking lines.

Fawlty Towers: The Psychiatrist. Imo this is just brilliant. Basil's behaviour around the psychiatrist and his wife is hilarious ("right, the game's up! oh, uh, bit of game pie stuck to the ceiling!"), and his run-ins with the Australian girl are cringeworthy. Plus, he finally stands up to Sybil! :)

Frasier: The Matchmaker. Frasier tries to set up Daphne with his new boss, unaware that the boss is gay and actually fancies Frasier! Niles' role in this episode is brilliant, and Martin's reaction to the truth about the boss is priceless :D The pilot episode ('The Good Son') comes a close second!

Arrested Development: Meet The Veals. Franklin and Mrs. Featherbottom, nuff said!

Red Dwarf: The Last Day. Kryten's party has some brilliant humour, particularly from Rimmer. 'You can have my mum; everyone else did!'

Yes Minister: Party Games. The extended Christmas special is laugh a minute, and ends with the immortal line 'Yes, Prime Minister!'

One Foot In The Grave: The Trial. Victor waits in for jury duty, and some of the series' best gags take place, including the Yucca plant in the toilet and the toupee in the loaf of bread. Richard Wilson's reactions are hysterical.

The Royle Family. Don't know the episode title, but the one where Nana is staying with the family after her caterract (sp?) operation is genius.

Frasier - Decoy: When Niles invited Roz and Donny to his cabin because they used to date and Frasier, Martin and Daphne show up.

Only Fools and Horses - The Jolly Boys' Outing

One Foot in the Grave - Hearts of Darkness: When the whole gang go out for a drive in the country.

Father Ted - Speed 3

Knowing me, Knowing you with Alan Patridge - when he shot the guest.

Bottom - the one in the funfair

Peep Show - When they gave Shophie a prank call.

Migty boosh - Nanageddon ( spelling :S)

Quote: swerytd @ March 14, 2007, 9:50 AM

Just watched this last night again. Series 2, first episode and I was crying with laughter. Especially the breaking taboos bit where Jeremy walks out of his bedroom and *looks* at Mark, just after his girlfriend tells him to 'pretend that I'm your mother!'

Dan

LMAO god I love that one.

I used to think Sex and the City was Sex in the city too :$