Barron Knights - R-R-Rock Me Father Christmas:

Barron Knights - Churchill Rap:

Richard Stilgoe - Live Performance:

Not The Nine O'Clock News - Not The Double Album:

Mike Harding - Komic Kutz:

Barry Humphries - The Barry Humphries Record of Innocent Austral Verse:

Billy Connolly - Irish Heartbeat:

Jim Davidson - Silver Threads Among The Gold:

And if anyone can shed any light on this, please let me know! Jaime Adams, New Faces winner, with her 'mirthful' vinyl debut You Asked For It?:

Loved the Barron Knights, especially their radio show

More odds and ends. The biggest revelation this month is that I have decided to switch from 500x500 pixel images to 600x600 pixel images. This way I can achieve maximum comedy record cover image powers on discogs and take over the world in the process.

Shag Connor and the Carrot Crunchers - The Best In The West:

Peter Sellers - Songs For Swinging Sellers 3:

Alexei's Midnight Runners - Pop-Up Toasters:

John Le Mesurier and Clive Dunn - Not Much Change:

Bill Oddie - On Ilkla Moor Baht'At:

Norman Wisdom - Beware EP:

Fox - Electro People - The Kenny Everett TV Show Theme:

Ken Goodwin - Settle Down With Ken Goodwin:

James Young - Behind The Barricades:

Frankie Howerd - The Great Northern Gas Show 1978:

Flanagan And Allen - Together Again:

Don MacLean - The Car Workers' Anthem:

Arthur Askey - Hello Playmates:

The Wurzels - Freshly Cut:

The Wurzels - One For The Bristol City:

Jimmy Tarbuck and Kenny Lynch - Let's Have a Party:

Max Miller - The Cheekie Chappie:

Lee Sutton - A Near 'Miss'?:

George Duffus - Standing Room Only:

Frank Kelly - Frankelly Speaking:

Bobby Pattinson - Talk Of The Tyne:

The Rutles - Shangri-La:

An oddity from the US, Moms Mabley - Onstage - The Funniest Woman In The World:

A few comedy themes on this compilation, The Pandora Orchestra - Top TV Themes:

Next, three finds from my trip to Static Records in Wigan, Spinal Tap - Stonehenge Picture Disc:

Bob Hope - In Russia And One Other Place:

Hayley Mills - Let's Get Together:

Alf Garnett as portrayed by Warren Mitchell - The Writing on The Wall c/w Her Heart's In The Right Place Innit:

The Morons Sing - Morons From Outer Space:

And from raiding various charity shops come gems such as... Arthur Lowe - Mr Men Stories:

Various - More Fun At One:

An alternative version of Max's debut album Max Boyce - In Concert:

From 1981, and the birth of a new comedy movement Tony Allen, Jim Barclay, Andy de la Tour and Pauline Melville - Alternative Cabaret:

Arthur Lowe - How I Won The War:

Tommy Cooper - We'll Meet Again:

Peter Sellers and Spike Milligan - He's Innocent Of Watergate:

David Davis - The Nonsense Songs of Edward Lear:

Frank Kelly - Money For old Rope:

Peter Sellers and Sophia Loren - Peter And Sophia No 3:

Original Soundtrack - The Magic Christian with Peter Sellers and Ringo Starr

Tony Fayne - Strikes Again:

A series of albums he made with Clive James, most of which were in an Oxfam and sadly beyond my price range, Pete Atkin - Secret Drinker:

Metal Mickey - Sillycon Chip complete with lyrics. Please feel free to sing along with this update.

A timely charity shop find while England still had some sort of hope in the World Cup, The Jock Strapp Ensemble - Rugby Songs - Volume Three:

One of my occasional imports from down under, Jasper Carrott - Made In Australia:

I still have no idea who she is/was and where the hell her career went, Jaime Adams - Introducing:

David Copperfield appears to have had a career as a French chanteur before his career as a dodgy British comedian, no idea why as yet, David Copperfield - Summer Days:

Dame Edna Everage - Disco Matilda, complete with instructions for dance fanatics:

Gloucestershire scrumpy inspired phone nonsense, Mart Connors and The Carrot Crunchers - On The 'Phone:

A Cribbins picture sleeve that I didn't have and one of the great murder ballads of our time, Bernard Cribbins - The Hole in The Ground:

First up, most famous in the UK for playing the obnoxious Father Fintan Stack in Father Ted, the Dublin born Brendan Grace - His Grace...alive-o featuring 'Bottler':

Brendan Grace - Grace... before... and after:

Best described as a sort of Ulster Barron Knights and formed by members of Van Morrison's band The Monarchs after they split in 1963, the Belfast showband Clubsound - Convoy:

Clubsound - Some Handlin'!:

From County Down, Gene Fitzpatrick - The Emerald Smile:

Gene Fitzpatrick - Live At The Group:

Ulster favourite and another great bus related cover, James Young - Young And Foolish:

Another mainstay of the Belfast comedy scene and regular at the Group Theatre, Leila Webster - Live At The Group:

Belfast comedian and one half of a double act with his sister Marjorie Rae, Tom Raymond - No Go! We Stay!:

Tom Raymond - At The Drop Of A Duncher:

A Midlands medley from a contemporary of Jasper Carrott at the Boggery Folk Club in Solihull, Malcolm Stent - Saturday Night In The Bullring:

Black Country Night Out regular, Dolly Allen - Dolly Allen:

From various rummages in charity shops and record sales in Durham and other northern cities picked at random, Fred Wedlock - Oldest Swinger In Town:

Jake Thackray - Live Performance:

Jock Strapp Ensemble - Why Was He Born So Beautiful?:

A Barron Knights record that for some reason I didn't own! What I may be alone in calling The Barron Knights - The Blue Album:

Ditto for a Mike Harding record that for some reason I didn't own, Mike Harding - The Rochdale Cowboy Rides Again:

A Red Dwarf spin-off, The Cat - Tongue Tied:

The only way is Essex, Jimmy Jones - The Best Of Jimmy Jones:

Edinburgh comedy veteran Bill Barclay - Half A Live:

Recorded at the height of their fraternal animosity and about a year before Mike was replaced in the act by a giant slobbering dog, Mike And Bernie Winters - For Mums And Dads Of All Ages:

Mari Griffith, Neil Lewis, John Luce, Ruth Madoc, Ray Smith, Talfryn Thomas, Triban ?- Another Round Of Poems And Pint:

The debut single, Spitting Image - Da Do Ron Ron:

A saxophone playing wheelchair bound 'sit down' comedian who embraced changing tastes in comedy by remaining offensive for over fifty years, Tony Gerrard - My Latest LP:

A few DJ promo bits for 7UP and Pepsi, Kenny Everett ?- D.J. Rock & Roll Show:

Kenny Everett - Pepsi 1973:

Ronnie Corbett - Fanny:

Ryan Davies - ...At The Rank:

Paddy Roberts - Strikes Again:

Max Boyce - There Were Many Babies Born:

The Humblebums - First Collection Of Merry Melodies:

A German release of Frankie Howerd With June Whitfield ?- Up Je T'Aime:

Still singing and a regular at many a folk and sea shanty festival, Joe Stead ?- Live At The Whittlebury Folk Club:

An offer you probably can refuse, Jim Davidson ?- A Dirty Weekend With Jim Davidson:

Gracie Fields ?- Gracie's Comedy Songs:

In a fine selection of hats, Charlie Smithers - London Laughs:

Irish comedy from Brendan Grace - Bottler On C.B.:

County Durham fashion icon, Bobby Thompson - The Bobby Thompson Laugh In:

The Two Ronnies - But First The News...:

Bob Monkhouse - I Remember Natalie:

A bona fide new comedy release, John Shuttleworth - The Yamaha Years:

Coincidentally I bought this as well this month, surely some relation to Mr Shuttleworth, it's Cyril Fletcher - Odd Odes And Oddities:

Victor Borge - Live At The London Palladium:

Victor Borge - Caught In The Act:

Joyce Grenfell - Keepsake:

Ray Moore - O' My Father Had A Rabbit:

From Probe Records in Liverpool, Half Man Half Biscuit - Let's Not:

From the 'local interest' section of Liverpool Record Fair, Freddie Starr - It's Me:

Michael Crawford - Songs From Stage And Screen:

Joan Sims, Ronnie Stevens and Millicent Martin - The Lord Chamberlain Regrets:

Gerald Hoffnung - Timeless:

Grandad's Army ?- Bawdy Barrack-Room Ballads

Chas & Dave With The Matchroom Mob - The Romford Rap:

Spike Milligan With The London Symphony Orchestra - Paul Gallico's The Snow Goose:

It's a buyer's market at the moment... Rolf Harris - Again!:

Pete Atkin - Driving Through Mythical America:

The humourous side of mental illness, Steve Wright & The Sisters Of Soul - Get Some Therapy:

Pat Mooney - Alive In Liverpool:

My Mike Harding collection, nears completion, Mike Harding - God's Own Drunk:

Mike Harding - FooFoo Shufflewick & Her Exotic Banana:

Max Miller - The Cheeky Chappie:

A splendid Bonzo/Nazi crossover, 'Legs' Larry Smith - Springtime For Hitler:

Just feel that smouldering sex appeal, The Grumbleweeds - Mama:

Early eco-awareness and environmentalism from everyone's favourite bearded naturalist, David Bellamy - Brontosaurus Will You Wait For Me?:

Brendan Grace ?- Visit To Santa/Then He Kicked Me:

The Bonzo Dog Band - Keynsham:

Bonzo Dog Doo Dah Band, The Alberts, The Temperance Seven:

Billy Connolly - Super Gran:

Andy Stewart - Donald, Where's Your Troosers?:

A 1987 album from future Father Ted Dermot Morgan - Special Moments:

An Australian single from Warren Mitchell, Anthony Booth, Dandy Nichols, Una Stubbs ?- Intolerance:

Stanley Baxter - Parliamo Glasgow:

Monty Python - Galaxy Song:

An early outing for the proto-Pythons and Goodies, The Footlights Revue - Cambridge Circus:

A Rutles spin-off, Dirk & Stig - Ging Gang Goolie:

Most of XTC under a cunning alias, Johnny Japes and his Jesticles - Bags Of Fun With Buster:

From Steve Wright's 'posse' Arnee And The Terminaters - I'll Be Back:

Confessions of a Pop Performer Theme- Threes A Crowd.

What an awesome thread. Does anyone remember Bermuda Triangle? They were a Barron Kingts-ish band who were meant to be crap on BBC 2's Hello Mum. A lot of people didn't get the joke.
Hello Mum got bad reviews but they were settling into format - and it was ambitious one, being live like its daddy 'In One Ear' but telly - and the ratings did go up towards the end. Not bad for BBC 2 at 10.00! Star Nick Wilton was in favour of another crack but the show was deemed unsuccessful and there was a change in the BBC controlling department. Ouch.

Quote: george roper @ 2nd March 2016, 11:34 PM GMT

Confessions of a Pop Performer Theme- Threes A Crowd.

Oooh nice! I don't have the record, the best I can manage is the tie-in book.

Quote: Agnes Guano @ 27th May 2015, 1:49 PM BST

]

Alexei's Midnight Runners - Pop-Up Toasters:

Thanks, I missed that when it came out, but I remember Lex talking about it in Smash Hits. This tells you a lot about Lex and a lot about my social life. Back in the UK I had autographed copies of his Cak! and Fish People LPs. Awesome.

Some developments on the vinyl exploits of Robin Askwith. Here is along with the rest of the gang on the full soundtrack album for Confessions Of A Pop Performer. Side two also has some tracks from the Window Cleaner score.

Till Death Us Do Part - Golden Hour:

Mean. Moody. Magnificent. The Grumbleweeds - Goodbye (Adieu Mein Kleiner Gardeoffizier):

A 1978 album from a Portsmouth comedian and professional eccentric Arnold Gutbucket Band - Church Street:

From the Richard Lester film. I had a chat with Ray Brooks once and he said he has always regretted not murdering Michael Crawford on the set of the film. John Barry - The Knack ... and How To Get It:

The forgotten Tiswas single and now back in the rabbit suit according to his Twitter account, Matthew Butler And The Four Bucketeers - Bright Eyes:

Just when I swear I'm never buying another Max Bygraves record ever, I get dragged into a charity shop and yet another 50p is taken from me. This is the last one. I promise. Max Bygraves - Singalongaparty Song:

Stan Arnold - Ladies Man:

Pat Mooney - Live In Liverpool:

Metal Mickey - Metal Mickey Magic:

And just to finish on a high note. What could possibly go wrong with this charming ditty... St Augustine's School Choir And Band - The Stuart Hall Song (New Shirt And Tie):

Some developments on the vinyl exploits of Robin Askwith. Here is along with the rest of the gang on the full soundtrack album for Confessions Of A Pop Performer. Side two also has some tracks from the Window Cleaner score.

Till Death Us Do Part - Golden Hour:

Mean. Moody. Magnificent. The Grumbleweeds - Goodbye (Adieu Mein Kleiner Gardeoffizier):

A 1978 album from a Portsmouth comedian and professional eccentric Arnold Gutbucket Band - Church Street:

From the Richard Lester film. I had a chat with Ray Brooks once and he said he has always regretted not murdering Michael Crawford on the set of the film. John Barry - The Knack ... and How To Get It:

The forgotten Tiswas single and now back in the rabbit suit according to his Twitter account, Matthew Butler And The Four Bucketeers - Bright Eyes:

Just when I swear I'm never buying another Max Bygraves record ever, I get dragged into a charity shop and yet another 50p is taken from me. This is the last one. I promise. Max Bygraves - Singalongaparty Song:

Stan Arnold - Ladies Man:

Pat Mooney - Live In Liverpool:

Metal Mickey - Metal Mickey Magic:

And just to finish on a high note. What could possibly go wrong with this charming ditty... St Augustine's School Choir And Band - The Stuart Hall Song (New Shirt And Tie):

Another fantastic thread and resource which has a few familiar names. One song I remember is from an 80s audio cassette album called You've Got To Laugh which had a mix of humourous songs. My favourite was a parody of John McEnroe called Chalk Dust by The Brat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6456Z3G0oZ0

I loved that too when it came out. The Brat was Roger Kitter, aka Captain Bertorelli in 'Allo 'Allo.

Hey, she was in The Upper Hand, does that count? Honor Blackman - Everything I've Got:

Jon Pertwee - Worzel Gummidge Sings

With the lyrics, just so you get the full effect, Roly-Poly's - Lumpy Lump Lump:

Roger Westbrook In't 'Ee A Grand Lad:

Paul Nicholas - Reggae Like It Used To Be:

I already have this single but with a different sleeve. Violet's loss is my gain. Pat Mooney - Live In Liverpool:

Juvenile album title of the day award goes to... John Otway - All Balls And No Willy:

A Manchester comedian who lived the showbiz dream and actually married one of the Roly Polys (see above!) Jack Diamond - 'Live' At The Norbreck Castle Inn, Blackpool:

Beatles, Goons, Bee Gees and errr Rolf. Various - No One's Gonna Change Our World:

George Formby - Souvenir:

Fred Wedlock - Fred Wedlock's Home Made Gramophone Record:

Flanagan And Allen - Yesterday's Dreams:

Flanagan And Allen - The Best Of:

Rainbow - The Bumper Rainbow Album:

Not THE Peter Kay? surely Various - Mister Benjamin Hawthorne's Original Olde Tyme Music Hall:

The Barron Knights - Here Come The Bees:

Barron Knights - You're All I Need:

A second album of Potteries dialect comedy, Alan Povey - Mower Owd Grandad Piggott: