Status report Page 5,917

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 23rd April 2016, 7:49 PM BST

Best of luck, but I am sure there will be people to help you over the finishing line.............

Horror. But I'm quite sure that won't happen to me.

Ben should look into going to bed...

I'm off to Melbourne to see my daughter and son in law tomorrow, I will catch up with all you lot next weekend, so try and keep out of trouble.

Strumpet

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 23rd April 2016, 4:42 PM BST

I'm devastated at the moment. Tomorrow is my first marathon but my legmuscles hurt and I've got little cramps in my calves. I can't see how I could possibly run 42 meters in this state...let alone 42 kilometers. 6 months of training and now this.

:(

I didn't finish the marathon. I had to stop the run after 23 kilometers because of my muscular problems. Better luck next time.

Best of luck, but I am sure there will be people to help you over the finishing line.............

At least I got back to the start area on my own two feet.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 24th April 2016, 6:03 PM BST

I didn't finish the marathon. I had to stop the run after 23 kilometers because of my muscular problems. Better luck next time.

Brave of you to give it a go.

Is it too late to sponsor you? Have you got a link to a fundraising page you can post here?

Quote: George Kaplan @ 24th April 2016, 6:10 PM BST

Brave of you to give it a go.

Is it too late to sponsor you? Have you got a link to a fundraising page you can post here?

Thanks!

And: Yes and no.

Sorry to hear about your muscle woe, Gordon.

Ben is baking and will shortly be putting some rolls in the oven.

As you've already done the bun. Laughing out loud

I don't have to think about college for 2 weeks.
And I also bought a new microphone which is pretty cool since I have been working with the microphone from Guitar Hero for the last 5 years now lol
And it wasn't until 2014-2015 that I actually started using a pop filter :^)

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 24th April 2016, 6:03 PM BST

You did very well.

Quote: A Horseradish @ 25th April 2016, 10:52 AM BST

You did very well.

Thanks, nice of you to say. But I'm very disappointed and angry. I will try again in September at the Basel Marathon. Hopefully I won't do the same mistakes again.

Well done lad...............the red and white top - you sure the photo is not of you, 'cos it is summat like your profile photo. Laughing out loud

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 25th April 2016, 12:01 PM BST

Thanks, nice of you to say. But I'm very disappointed and angry. I will try again in September at the Basel Marathon. Hopefully I won't do the same mistakes again.

Did you overtrain or something? Or was it just an injury. It's like when athletes get injured just before the Olympics, that they've just spent 4 years training for. Argh.

(Well, maybe not quite like that, but I can see how it would be incredibly annoying!)

Quote: zooo @ 25th April 2016, 12:24 PM BST

Did you overtrain or something? Or was it just an injury. It's like when athletes get injured just before the Olympics, that they've just spent 4 years training for. Argh.

(Well, maybe not quite like that, but I can see how it would be incredibly annoying!)

I obviously trained too much. A mysterious virus at the beginning of the year made it impossible for me to train for several weeks. So after recovering from it I started to train like a madman to compensate for the long period of inactivity. 90 Km a week, 5 days running, 2 days gym...and that for 6 weeks or so. That was ok for a while, I was never in better shape. But then I got a bit tired mentally after week 5 or so...and my legs didn't revover from my last 25 km training run. Despite pausing I've felt tired and slightly injured for the last two weeks. Yesterday at the start I did feel like I've already done a marathon...there was a burning pain in my thighs and calves. I felt knackered before I even heard the starting shot.
Lesson for next time: sometimes less is more!

Ah, yikes. At least you know for next time.

*does sums* You were running the equivalent of 2 marathons a week!

I've probably run a total of 1 marathon over my whole life.