What are you watching on TV? Page 2,082

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 30th March 2016, 8:01 PM BST

Horizon.

The?

We had a lovely orange sunset earlier?

Watching repeats of 8 out of 10 CD and Family Guy.

Episode 4 of a TV series called SAS being shown on Discovery History.

I have to get this on DVD because the footage I've just witnessed is something I've never seen before. It showed some SAS troopers caught up in a firefight and they are talking to each other giving commands while shooting towards the enemy. The narrator says they must have forgotten they were being filmed by the journalist team in the heat of the battle. It all flared up so quickly they didn't have time to say "turn that f***** off".

The Late Late Show car pool Karaoke special. Have seen the segments on the show before. Looks like a lot of fun...just maybe a bit to much to be driving, am always a bit worried they might crash.

Certainly not watching - Channel 4 2.00 to 6.30pm The Grand National. Four and a half hours to cover a horse race!?!? Jeeezzzz what a waste of air time.

There are so many runners and falls in the Grand National it's impossible to forecast the winner anyway. Sad there have been a record number of horses that had to be put down this year which is another reason I didn't bother having a flutter.

I saw the programme with Johnny Vegas and another bloke in Dubai. It was quite interesting - camel burgers, ice cream with gold in it - but I wouldn't want to visit the place and its wealth must be a red rag to a bull in that part of the world.

I would love to Dubai and my cousin is a teacher there posting amazing pictures all the time. The strict laws scare me especially with alcohol but if I was prepared and aware I should be ok. You have to have an alcohol licence and I would be interested to know how one is obtained. Maybe a judge makes you drink a bottle of whiskey and walk through a hotel lobby to see if you fall over or try to headbutt the concierge.

If you can stagger out without making a sound steering in the general direction of the exit you get the licence.

That bloke was Richard Ayoade!

Dubai is one of those charming places where if a woman gets raped she's the one who gets arrested for 'sex outside marriage'.
Think I'll skip it.

Quote: zooo @ 11th April 2016, 10:33 PM BST

Dubai is one of those charming places where if a woman gets raped she's the one who gets arrested for 'sex outside marriage'.
Think I'll skip it.

Good point! It's a repressive society which can be forgotten behind the tourism.

I've missed all of those 48 Hours In...episodes but I plan on overdosing on all of them at once. Especially the Vienna episode because I want to visit Salzburg and see Mozart's birthplace, touch his piano etc. Then I can die happy.

That also looks a good one because it's Richard Ayoade and Chris O'Dowd. Roy and Moss on hols!

Yes! That one was especially funny.

Quote: zooo @ 11th April 2016, 10:33 PM BST

Think I'll skip it.

Thanks.

He was good in it.

Another thing about Dubai is that they ship in Indians to build the towers, often risking their lives, and keep them living in tiny rooms with 16 other people. They pay them so little that they can't afford to return to their families and have no option but to continue in the work they are doing.

Yikes.
Yeah, I wouldn't want to give them any of my tourist money! (If I had any...)

Plus it's too hot for me anyway.

Quote: Definitely Tarby @ 11th April 2016, 9:50 PM BST

I would love to Dubai and my cousin is a teacher there posting amazing pictures all the time. The strict laws scare me especially with alcohol but if I was prepared and aware I should be ok. You have to have an alcohol licence and I would be interested to know how one is obtained. Maybe a judge makes you drink a bottle of whiskey and walk through a hotel lobby to see if you fall over or try to headbutt the concierge.

If you can stagger out without making a sound steering in the general direction of the exit you get the licence.

Dubai is the last place in the world I'd want to go to - there are a lot of last places.

It's artificial, it's hot and the rulers are bastards.

That does sum it up quite well!

Two of my cousins live there with their families. I'm sure they're making lots of money and all that, but I kind of feel sorry for the kids. What a shitty place to grow up.

Quote: Chappers @ 12th April 2016, 10:59 PM BST

Dubai is the last place in the world I'd want to go to - there are a lot of last places.

It's artificial, it's hot and the rulers are bastards.

In retrospect I've realised the idea of me going to the UAE is very unlikely for a number of factors including my fondness for alcohol, fear of flying after watching too many crash documentories and fair skin which doesn't tan it burns. I also sweat very easily so unless I was somewhere air conditioned I would be uncomfortable. I prefer a good old british winter with a hot cornish pasty and HP sauce.

Watched Mock The Week tonight which I always enjoy and think Hugh Dennis is excellent (was he ever on Whose Line Is It Anyway?) but there are always tired gags at the expense of people like Princess Di, Beckham, Rooney, Jade Goody etc. It feels a bit too much back slappy at times.