Status report Page 5,872

Quote: DaButt @ 10th November 2015, 6:03 PM GMT

The driving test in the UK must be much more difficult than ours because I don't think I've ever known anyone who has failed it.

They should make it as hard to pass the driving test as it is to get a gun.. oh, they already have..

Quote: Loopey @ 12th November 2015, 11:12 AM GMT

I have a new phone :)
It has an 84 page manual :(

You're lucky to have a manual. Nowadays manuals for anything seem to have to be downloaded which is a pest.

Off to the John Otway convention in Southend tomorrow.

Quote: Frankie Rage @ 12th November 2015, 1:47 PM GMT

They should make it as hard to pass the driving test as it is to get a gun.. oh, they already have..

You can get a driver license at 16; you have to be 21 to purchase a handgun.

Purchasing a firearm requires an FBI background check. You can still get a driver license if you have a criminal record. Hell, in some states you don't even have to be in the country legally and they'll still give you a license.

Don't you all have driving lessons at school or something as well?
Drivers Ed! That's definitely a thing.

Quote: zooo @ 12th November 2015, 11:32 PM GMT

Don't you all have driving lessons at school or something as well?
Drivers Ed! That's definitely a thing.

Yeah, but I don't know if it's mandatory; it wasn't when I was a teenager. It all varies from state to state.

Ah. I'm getting most of my knowledge from all the '90s American high school novels I used to read.

Quote: DaButt @ 12th November 2015, 11:17 PM GMT

You can get a driver license at 16; you have to be 21 to purchase a handgun.

Purchasing a firearm requires an FBI background check. You can still get a driver license if you have a criminal record. Hell, in some states you don't even have to be in the country legally and they'll still give you a license.

A whole miserable five years driving around sober looking at all the people you could be drunkenly shooting.

And as for guns you can have a rifle!

Quote: sootyj @ 13th November 2015, 12:08 AM GMT

A whole miserable five years driving around sober looking at all the people you could be drunkenly shooting.

And as for guns you can have a rifle!

Most of my neighbors' kids had/have one of those.

Quote: zooo @ 12th November 2015, 11:57 PM GMT

Ah. I'm getting most of my knowledge from all the '90s American high school novels I used to read.

I too base my knowledge of American high school culture off of Saved By The Bell.

Quote: DaButt @ 13th November 2015, 12:34 AM GMT

Most of my neighbors' kids had/have one of those.

Most of the kids in the UK have one of these for cricket - much safer.

Quote: Lee @ 13th November 2015, 7:26 AM GMT

I too base my knowledge of American high school culture off of Saved By The Bell.

:D

A new H&M is opening here tomorrow morning in the middle of the city. There are already a two outside the CBD but they have been easy to avoid since I have no reason to go there. The new will be on my way home from work so might not be so good for my bank balance.

I do love an H&M.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 13th November 2015, 9:12 AM GMT

Most of the kids in the UK have one of these for cricket - much safer.

I've seen Shaun of the Dead and those things can be lethal.