Drinks Page 103

Maybe SootyJ steered you to towards Facebook
So that he wouldn't have to put the name of the pub up on this thread

I could be wrong though Bill

You coming Steve?

All welcome just PM me and we'll sort it on Facebook.

I'm on a diet
But will probably pop up for a drink of water or something to say hello

Steve please do, please accept on Facebook and I'll drink the water of the Thames if it brings you closer.

I am planning to swim there.

Alas I couldn't come in the end.

Who did I miss meeting?

All on the Facebook page Bill.

I've got loads of comedy videos that I don't want. League of Gentlemen, Fools and Horses, Les Dawson etc. If anyone wants them I'll bring them to the next "Drinks".

Well I won't be able to bring them ALL. But let me know when the next one is.

Quote: Chappers @ 20th May 2015, 10:31 PM BST

I've got loads of comedy videos that I don't want. League of Gentlemen, Fools and Horses, Les Dawson etc. If anyone wants them I'll bring them to the next "Drinks".

Well I won't be able to bring them ALL. But let me know when the next one is.

Can you also bring along a portable DVD player so that those of us who are socially challenged in company (i.e. me) can hide in the corner and guffaw?

Quote: TheBlueNun @ 27th June 2015, 11:42 AM BST

Can you also bring along a portable DVD player so that those of us who are socially challenged in company (i.e. me) can hide in the corner and guffaw?

I could but it won't be much good for the VIDEOS!

Quote: Chappers @ 27th June 2015, 3:03 PM BST

I could but it won't be much good for the VIDEOS!

They're all "VIDEOS!" Chappers. Presume you are talking about video tapes of which there are various formats as well of course.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th June 2015, 7:37 PM BST

They're all "VIDEOS!" Chappers. Presume you are talking about video tapes of which there are various formats as well of course.

DVDs are Digital Versatile Discs.

Quote: Chappers @ 27th June 2015, 8:43 PM BST

DVDs are Digital Versatile Discs.

Now, but formerly Digital Video Disc. You are splitting hairs again. Whatever, it is still video.

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 27th June 2015, 9:10 PM BST

Now, but formerly Digital Video Disc. You are splitting hairs again. Whatever, it is still video.

I'm not. The whole point is they're VIDEO TAPES which are no use to me and I wondered if anyone still have VIDEO TAPE machines.

(I don't think DVDs were EVER Digital Video Discs.

OK Herc. you are right.

The Oxford English Dictionary comments that, "In 1995 rival manufacturers of the product initially named digital video disc agreed that, in order to emphasize the flexibility of the format for multimedia applications, the preferred abbreviation DVD would be understood to denote digital versatile disc"

Quote: Chappers @ 27th June 2015, 9:23 PM BST

I'm not. The whole point is they're VIDEO TAPES which are no use to me and I wondered if anyone still have VIDEO TAPE machines.

(I don't think DVDs were EVER Digital Video Discs.

You didn't say that originally, you said VIDEOS, which could have been anything and they WERE called Digital Video Discs originally.

Just won't back down. :D

Update:-

Oh, you have............ :)

Of course, a gentleman would now apologise to The Blue Nun Whistling nnocently