House Of Fools - Series 2 Page 2

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 20th February 2015, 8:58 AM GMT

>_<

Don't you like him...Brian, I mean?

Love Brian, I was referring to the lack of singing voice.

Matt has several albums out and does the songs for his own shows (Snuff Box and Toast of London).

Quote: ScotiaNova @ 20th February 2015, 11:21 AM GMT

Matt has several albums out and does the songs for his own shows (Snuff Box and Toast of London).

Thanks for the information. As I said, he has a fantastic voice. I liked him in The Mighty Boosh...come to think of it, his character Dixon Bainbridge and Rich Fulcher's Bob Fossil were absolutely hilarious. They stole every scene they were in.

I think I must try Toast Of London.

Quote: Gordon Bennett @ 20th February 2015, 11:27 AM GMT

I think I must try Toast Of London.

Oh you absolutely must!!

Quote: Dr Sanchez @ 17th February 2015, 3:58 PM GMT

It was good but I'm not really liking Morgana's character or Erik getting too much screen time.

We do tend to see a bit too much of him.

Episode 1 was good but not quite up to those in Series 1 but there were laugh loud moments such as Beef's yellow trousers and keytar moments and the magazine covers. Episode 2 was well back on track what with Vic's tattooing Jeremy Clakson (sic) on Bosh's back in emulsion and Julie's face morphing into Sharon Osbourne thanks to dodgy Botox. Sure it's still very silly and unsubtle but it does the job better than all other comedies out there now of making me laugh.

While I like Vic n Bob I'm still not engaged with this. It seems a bit self indulgent

Quote: paulted @ 24th February 2015, 11:40 AM GMT

While I like Vic n Bob I'm still not engaged with this. It seems a bit self indulgent

Couldn't agree more.

I have always been a fan of Vic & Bob's surreal stupidities, that work very well in a game show or sketch show setting. But as a situation comedy, it all becomes extremely embarrassing.

Berry and Skinner have never ever been funny, just cringe-worthy - and here they continue that tradition.

Worst of all is the audience, though. They laugh out load to every single word anyone utters, funny or not. How much beer were they served before the show - or is it all canned laughter? No comedy has sounded this fake since the seventies.

So, sorry guys - I will give this one a miss. Do us another season of Shooting stars instead, please!

Emperor's New Clothes?

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th February 2015, 9:24 PM GMT

Emperor's New Clothes?

Never heard of that, to be fair.

"The Emperor's New Clothes" is a short tale by Hans Christian Andersen about two weavers who promise an Emperor a new suit of clothes that is invisible to those who are unfit for their positions, stupid, or incompetent.

He is naked of course, which everyone applauds until a little boy points out that he has no clothes on and then the town's people agreed.

So, everyone laughing but you are left perplexed. ;)

Quote: Hercules Grytpype Thynne @ 24th February 2015, 9:31 PM GMT

"The Emperor's New Clothes" is a short tale by Hans Christian Andersen about two weavers who promise an Emperor a new suit of clothes that is invisible to those who are unfit for their positions, stupid, or incompetent.

He is naked of course, which everyone applauds until a little boy points out that he has no clothes on and then the town's people agreed.

So, everyone laughing but you are left perplexed. ;)

And the moral of the story is...Herc likes naked men.

:P

Comes across as a vanity project to me. Give me the boosh anytime.