Tell us a joke Page 87

nice

when I turn 65 I'm getting myself a job at Kwik Fit so I can Retyre!

I bought myself a fan that has been made completely out of recycled old farm yard vehicles.
It's an Extractor Fan!

Quote: FunyHaHA Not Funy Strange @ 11th December 2014, 4:35 PM GMT

I bought myself a fan that has been made completely out of recycled old farm yard vehicles.
It's an Extractor Fan!

Right - very good! Took me a minute though of thinking "Why is that funny?"

Quote: FunyHaHA Not Funy Strange @ 11th December 2014, 4:35 PM GMT

It's an Extractor Fan!

Quote: Chappers @ 11th December 2014, 10:28 PM GMT

Aye, in writtem form it ought to be:

"It's an Ex-tractor Fan!"

to signify the brief pause you would include after Ex in speaking it.

Quote: Chappers @ 11th December 2014, 10:28 PM GMT

Yes, nice gag. I'm afraid it's been done before, though (haven't they all? :( ). I heard "I used to love farm machinery, but now I'm an ex-tractor fan", which is nice because it puns on "fan" too.

I had a one night stand with an extractor fan.

Can't beat a bit of fan, eh.

Same here

Actually I got blown out

I've left my strapped-for-cash boyfriend Kirk. His last words were. You can't have your Kirk and ha'penny

Quote: bushbaby @ 12th December 2014, 3:30 PM GMT

I've left my strapped-for-cash boyfriend Kirk. His last words were. You can't have your Kirk and ha'penny

I don't get this one, is "Kirk and ha'penny" supposed to sound like "cake and eat it"?

Also, several people on here seem to be committing the cardinal sin of repeating a vital word from the punchline in the set up, for a joke to work effectively you really need to find a way around this.

I picked up a book on the history of adhesives the other day. Couldn't put it down

The 1st rule of Passive Aggressive Club

Is to talk about us all you like. SEE IF WE CARE!

Quote: Tony Cowards @ 14th December 2014, 12:05 AM GMT

I don't get this one, is "Kirk and ha'penny" supposed to sound like "cake and eat it"?

Yes, we used both terms up't north :D

That's true although my father used to say 'bun and ha'penny.

Quote: Tony Cowards @ 14th December 2014, 12:05 AM GMT

Also, several people on here seem to be committing the cardinal sin of repeating a vital word from the punchline in the set up, for a joke to work effectively you really need to find a way around this.

I don't understand what you mean Tony sorry? can you give a few examples and why its a sin? I have the feeling I'm going to be one of the guilty ones, but don't know what I've done! lol :-)