ISIS Crisis

A PUB.

TWO BLOKES (RON AND CHARLIE) ARE HAVING A DRINK AND A CHAT.

CHARLIE IS READING THE DAILY MAIL.

CHARLIE:
It says here we're buying twenty Tomahawk missiles at a million quid a pop to fire at them Isis fellers.

RON:
That's twenty million quid, that is.

CHARLIE:
I knew it was a lot. Why are we bombing them, exactly?

RON:
They keep beheading people and generally killing each other.

CHARLIE:
Why are they killing each other?

RON:
They don't like each other, I suppose.

CHARLIE:
And why are they beheading people?

RON:
They're beheading OUR blokes cos we keep bombing THEIR blokes.

CHARLIE:
And we keep bombing THEIR blokes . . .

RON:
. . . because they keep beheading OUR blokes.

CHARLIE:
So we keep bombing them.

RON:
Yes.

CHARLIE:
And they keep beheading us.

RON:
Yes.

CHARLIE:
It's all making sense now.

BOTH MEN TAKE A DRINK FROM THEIR GLASSES

RON:
They're what's known as a clear and present danger to the United Kingdom.

CHARLIE:
So if I nip down the south coast right now, can I see them through my binoculars - coming at us in all sorts of boats, and some of them swimming with knives between their teeth, and shaking their fists at us and all that?

RON:
No. They're 3000 miles away.

CHARLIE:
But they're marching towards us as fast as they can?

RON:
No, they're staying where they are.

CHARLIE:
So they're 3000 miles away. We can't see them, and they're not coming to get us.

RON:
Correct.

CHARLIE:
How clear and present is that, as dangers go?

RON:
Very clear and very present.

CHARLIE:
Better bomb the bastards then.

RON:
No doubt about it.

ENDS.

A nice funny topical little sketch Roodeye :D

Quote: Rood Eye @ 27th September 2014, 1:44 PM BST

TWO BLOKES (DAVE AND CHARLIE) ARE HAVING A DRINK AND A CHAT.

What happened to Dave, did ISIS get him?

When you said 'French coast' I though you were going to do something about refugees/illegal immigrants.
Feels like it needs another layer like that - the fact we're willing to drop bombs to help people escape persecution and terror - but draw the line at letting them get on a ferry...
Am I making sense....?

Quote: don rushmore @ 27th September 2014, 6:19 PM BST

What happened to Dave, did ISIS get him?

Duly edited. Thank you.

His name is actually Ron.

I think I'm coming down with Triggeritis. :O

Quote: Lazzard @ 27th September 2014, 6:40 PM BST

When you said 'French coast' I though you were going to do something about refugees/illegal immigrants.
Feels like it needs another layer like that - the fact we're willing to drop bombs to help people escape persecution and terror - but draw the line at letting them get on a ferry...
Am I making sense....?

Yes, you are making sense.

The mention of the French coast may lead readers to expect something of that very nature.

I'll change it in the hope that our readers' hopes won't be raised unduly.

It's been a long afternoon.

Very well turned. Like lazzard, I could sort of do with another element to keep me intrigued, but what you've written is neat, effective and (depressingly) on the nail.

Quote: Will Cam @ 27th September 2014, 2:42 PM BST

A nice funny topical little sketch Roodeye :D

Quote: gappy @ 27th September 2014, 7:08 PM BST

Very well turned. Like lazzard, I could sort of do with another element to keep me intrigued, but what you've written is neat, effective and (depressingly) on the nail.

Thanks, Chaps.

I long ago gave up trying out-sketch Ronnie Barker, Peter Cook, The Pythons et al.

These days, if I can knock out something mildly amusing, I'm happy.

Hey Rood. I can't really expand on what's already been said but I liked it and it made me laugh.

Quote: Craig H @ 29th September 2014, 3:38 AM BST

Hey Rood. I can't really expand on what's already been said but I liked it and it made me laugh.

Thanks Craig.

I might try an extra layer next time.

After all, winter is fast approaching.

My only issue with this is the ending or the fact that it ends. I would have happily let those two characters bring me through all world events or into their lives. Is Ron married? Having trouble with his eldest or a new boss? Very funny, warm and the character's dialogue really painted pictures of them.

You could always call them Pete and Dud.

Quote: some yoke @ 29th September 2014, 4:36 PM BST

My only issue with this is the ending or the fact that it ends. I would have happily let those two characters bring me through all world events or into their lives. Is Ron married? Having trouble with his eldest or a new boss? Very funny, warm and the character's dialogue really painted pictures of them.

Thanks, Yoke.

When I'm pitching this to the BBC, I'll tell them you approve.

Quote: beaky @ 29th September 2014, 5:11 PM BST

You could always call them Pete and Dud.

I could, but that might create expectations I'd struggle to fulfill.

'Mel and Griff' would be safer.

Or I might play REALLY safe and go for 'Mel and Sue'.

You're defo getting sharper mate, I remember some of the first stuff you posted, Coh! must have been 3 weeks ago now. That stuff was OK but this is great.

Also, I don't think it would be safe if you did it as Mel and Sue, I think it would be funnier, especially if you showed them being a bit ignorant and racist.

Quote: Mikey88 @ 2nd October 2014, 6:29 PM BST

You're defo getting sharper mate, I remember some of the first stuff you posted, Coh! must have been 3 weeks ago now. That stuff was OK but this is great.

Thanks, Mikey.

That's the thing about comedy writing - improvement comes with experience. :)

yeah man, the more you do it the better it gets, I've been at it properly for just 2 months and I'm so much better already. And I'm sure I'll get even more betterer in the months and years to come. :)