Alan Carr's Celebrity Ding Dong

Does anyone else find the central theme to this show a bit annoying? The whole "celebs are great, Joe Public are scum" thing?

I think the show would've worked much better if Alan Carr had been on the side of the public and not the celebs. I don't know why it irritates me, but it just does.

I think Alan's brilliant, but the aforementioned joke's wearing a bit thin already don't you think?

Totally agree , like Alan Car , f**kin detest Jimmy Carr with a vengeance.

Jimmy Carr's alright, Alan Carr means that I make a point NOT to watch a programme. :)

Quote: Aaron @ February 20, 2008, 8:15 PM

Jimmy Carr's alright, Alan Carr means that I make a point NOT to watch a programme. :)

Ah come on, everyone loves the Tooth Fairy!

Well I do as he comes from Northamptonshire where I live.

That's good enough for me lol.

Quote: Perry Nium @ February 20, 2008, 8:18 PM

Ah come on, everyone loves the Tooth Fairy!

I just want to smash his face in.

Quote: Aaron @ February 20, 2008, 8:33 PM

I just want to smash his face in.

Somebody's already done that judging by his teeth.

I still find him quite funny.

I finally caught an episode of this recently, it struck me that really the two teams didn't need to be there at all, the "civilians" must have said about 20 words between them throughout the whole show and could easily have been replaced with cardboard cutouts to be the subject of Alan's mockings.

The celebrities spoke a tiny bit more but again were really just there to be pointed at by Alan.

And the teams were so large and so physically far away from each other that any banter or interaction between the two teams, which surely should have been the main focus of a show like this, was made virtually impossible.

I personally think the whole concept of the show is a despicable idea, but I can understand why some comissioning editors think it would be a great one, but in it's current state it just doesn't pull that off.

Quote: Richard Wells @ February 20, 2008, 8:19 PM

Well I do as he comes from Northamptonshire where I live.

That's good enough for me lol.

One minute he sounds like a Cockney, the next he sounds like a Mancunian.

I feel exactly the same Perry

I must admit, I find Alan Carr a bit much on the tellybox, but I saw him do stand up in Brighton a few years back and he was great. He did a bit about a woman in an office writing "you don't have to be mad to work here... but it helps" on the wall... in her own shit, that rocked the cock right off me.