Celebrity culture

Ain't it shit? I mean, really, aint it shit?

I hate the word 'celebrity' for a kick off - yes these people should be 'celebrated' because they are on TV and therefore superior to us crappy mortals in every way.

But people lap it up. 'Celebrity tiddly winks' on the Beeb, 'celebrity dog stroking' on ITV, and 'wall painting with the celebs' on 4. FCUK OFF!!

And that ding dong thing with Alan Carr. They divide players into celebs and civilians. WTF? Soldiers go to war for us, bullets fizz pass their ears, they see their friends mamed or killed in horrific ways, they risk their lives to protect our country. These people have the right to distinguish themselves from civilians - not some attention craving, 'up-my-own-arse' self-obsessed actor or whatever who walks around in perversely expensive clothing looking for people to take pictures of them and tell them how great they are or look.

And who really gives a f**k about this guy marrying that girl and then cheating on her and going with the other one?
If you do, WHY?
Does it matter? Does it make a difference to your life? Does it change the world in any way, or help push us towards global peace?
They are just people. If they lived next door and had never been in front of a camera you probably wouldn't give to shits about them.

Celebrity culture is crap. End of. Don't argue.

Aaron agrees.

Feeling better?

Laura agrees.

But still enjoys reading Heat.

Don't think that the people who enjoy celeb culture don't already know everything you said.

Quote: Ray Dawson @ February 3, 2008, 7:05 PM

Feeling better?

Lots thanks :D

Quote: zooo @ February 3, 2008, 7:06 PM

Laura agrees.

But still enjoys reading Heat.

Don't think that the people who enjoy celeb culture don't already know everything you said.

I know zooo, but I was watching that Carr thing and I switched it off as soon as I saw the civilians thing and had to let off steam.

Laughing out loud Don't blame you.

Even I haven't bothered with that.

if it wasn't for celebrities who would we look upto

personally my minikievs taste 1000% better since kerry katona endorsed them

I don't give a toss about celebrities ... take any bunch of them and stick them in any kind of quiz show and you quickly discover most have the intellect of 5-year olds (and that's being generous). The only thing they have going for them is the possibility of being recognised on the 'street' (and most of them will even moan about that). I could go on and on but to cut a long post short I agree with Ian_W, and 'yes' the Carr thing was a load of patronising crap!!!!

I saw a celebrity on Friday. A billion pounds to whichever one of you guesses correctly first. :D

Quote: Aaron @ February 3, 2008, 8:07 PM

I saw a celebrity on Friday. A billion pounds to whichever one of you guesses correctly first. :D

Eva Braun?

Ok, let's narrow it down a little.

The celebrity is a) English, and crucially, b) not dead.

This is like 20 questions, ok would I want to shag this celebrity ?

I dunno... zooo probably would. Are you a gay?

Probably not, so it's a fairly attractive male, any real talent? or reality tv pond scum?

Bob Hoskins?