Established Comedy Channel for Dry Humour Page 2

My material is unscripted, I don't care if you believe that or not that's irrelevant to me.

If you took time to listen to a few you would realise that as no one can read or memorise the stuff I say three times a week and not sound like a robot.

I'm not claiming to be anything amazing here and if you don't like my material and don't find it funny that's fine, but why do you feel the need to put a comment that might well put other people off from listening?

That's also a school boy error as it makes you look weak and narrow minded, I understand that stand up guys could well be in competition with each other (and also speech and script writers like yourself) but I don't do stand up, because like you say doing unscripted stand up is a whole new ball game and is unlikely to work.

I sit in front of a microphone with some newspaper articles/ or facts/ or websites, read them and then say what I think about them in hopefully an entertaining manner, to me that's natural, is it for everyone, no, does everyone find it funny, no, but I enjoy it so I keep doing it.

To be fair you are setting yourself up for a bit of a kicking by calling it an established comedy channel.

Quote: SetrocJC @ 17th August 2014, 1:07 PM BST

That's the problem nowadays people go onto channels or listen to Pod casts not wanting to enjoy or like them and make up their minds before they have even heard a word, its far easier to pick fault and to complain than it is to embrace and enjoy.

Eh?
Why on earth would anyone do that?
You're not talking to a bunch of YouTube haters here - we like comedy!
The clue is in the title.
Nothing would make us happier than discovering the next Bill Hicks.
Personally 57 secs was enough for me - but there you go.

On a technical note - you placed this in Showcase so posters shouldn't really be critiquing.

That's a schoolboy error 103 Lazzard. Critiquing is different to giving a critical review. Here anyway. Broadcast and be damned as Nelson said incorrectly.

I grant you that but (he says, not giving in just yet) I thought Showcase was created for people to promote there stuff.
I thought we were limited to "Well done, old chap!" or resolutely ignoring, in the hope they'll peddle their shit elsewhere.

Or am I wrong?

I don't understand the difference, really - I just sort of thought that Showcase was for things that are more finished than dry runs of scripts and stuff in Critique. I put my latest recordings here, because a couple people said I should when I put the last batch in Critique - the upshot is nobody says anything a dicky bird. Laughing out loud

Anyway, in response to the OP, I don't precisely agree with Sooty & Marc, there's nothing to stop pure improv being funny, but unfortunately the vast majority is tedious. And I regret to say that I found your videos to be a perfect example, it's just vague rambling that's not notably interesting or amusing.

Quote: Lazzard @ 18th August 2014, 2:09 PM BST

I grant you that but (he says, not giving in just yet) I thought Showcase was created for people to promote there stuff.
I thought we were limited to "Well done, old chap!" or resolutely ignoring, in the hope they'll peddle their shit elsewhere.

Or am I wrong?

You are probably right seems pointless to have section for that unless it is a proper showcase of corse.

There is no such thing as pure improv in broadcast form.

Quote: Lazzard @ 18th August 2014, 1:54 PM BST

Eh?
Why on earth would anyone do that?
You're not talking to a bunch of YouTube haters here - we like comedy!
The clue is in the title.
Nothing would make us happier than discovering the next Bill Hicks.
Personally 57 secs was enough for me - but there you go.

On a technical note - you placed this in Showcase so posters shouldn't really be critiquing.

True but this is a site for embittered comedy fans and critics everythings up for a slating, from the disappointing sunrise this morning to the enui in realising that another day takes you closer to the grave.

Quote: sootyj @ 18th August 2014, 6:15 PM BST

True but this is a site for embittered comedy fans and critics everythings up for a slating, from the disappointing sunrise this morning to the enui in realising that another day takes you closer to the grave.

I find that thought invigorating, sooty.

Filth!