Glastonbury 2014

Blondie set from earlier, now on BBC4. Sounding pretty good. Clem on drums better than ever.

Awesome looking guitar.

Quote: George Kaplan @ 27th June 2014, 8:44 PM BST

Blondie set from earlier, now on BBC4. Sounding pretty good. Clem on drums better than ever.

I was just going to say that - and I think I've said it on here before.

Clem Burke is a phenomenal drummer.

Loved Fight for your Right to Party and Atomic.

Noticed all the Wolves flags there too!

Quote: George Kaplan @ 27th June 2014, 8:44 PM BST

Never been to Glastonbury but have booked the Radio 2 Festival in a day in September mainly as they have Blondie and Jeff Lynne - ELO headlining.

Don't they have a comedy tent at Glastonbury these days?

Quote: David Brooks @ 28th June 2014, 2:25 PM BST

Don't they have a comedy tent at Glastonbury these days?

https://www.comedy.co.uk/forums/thread/30324/

Don't think they show stuff on telly/online over the weekend though, unlike the music, so, difficult to comment on it unless you're there.

Thought Arcade Fire were decent last night, headlining the Pyramid. Caught two thirds of their set (not the middle). Never embraced them in my previous encounters (on telly/recordings), but they held my attention this time, and their carnival stage persona worked well in this context and setting, and the songs had some good rhythms. Still won't explore them further, but they went up in my estimation (not that they'd care).

Robert Plant....great!

I don't want to miss Jack White, but I am not watching Lana Del bloody Ray until he comes on.

Metallica are on

About 917,000,937,033 times better than all the rest of the SHIT at this God awful festival of banal tripe

tripe who aren't even fit to share the same stage as this proper f**kin band

Didn't a lot of people kick up a fuss about Metallica playing there?

What , at a pop concert?

Yes im sure they did!

Must be mad

The trouble is it's not a festival for Rock music fans any more. It's a girly place to pose with designer wellies and scream and yell.

Quote: Chappers @ 28th June 2014, 10:54 PM BST

The trouble is it's not a festival for Rock music fans any more. It's a girly place to pose with designer wellies and scream and yell.

Exactly my point mate

It used to be a great festival

Then they decided to let Kylie and Jay-z in and killed it off

Mind you, if the best the current generation can do is the likes of jake Bugg (hahahahaha!!) it's not surprising!

Quote: lofthouse @ 28th June 2014, 10:59 PM BST

Mind you, if the best the current generation can do is the likes of jake Bugg (hahahahaha!!) it's not surprising!

God I hate him. And most new music. I like Royal Blood though. They're on at Glasto this year.

Arcade Fire and The Pixies were good.
When the Pixies played "Here Comes Your Man" my 15 year-old daughter was forced to re-appraise what she had thought were a bunch of pensioners making a racket.