Sketch I filmed for ABC TV in Australia

Hey guys, was hoping to get your critique of one of the comedy sketches I made for the ABC in Australia if you had time. It has two Australian comedians, Luke McGregor and Greg Larsen, in it and is called Fancy Boy. Thanks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M6x0tk3D7xU

thats exccellent, maybe a little staged but yeh great idea and funny

could picture it being dropped as a scene into a gangster comedy

Good work - and a really lovely idea.

The dark side of me wanted there to be a gunshot over the closing shot of the car....
Pirate

Or two.....

That's lovely. It's a basic idea I've had when watching films, but you have really delivered it brilliantly and developed it really cleverly.

I like Lazzard's ending too Cool

Really nice sketch, but can't help feeling the camera angles limited the humour. It was a little to claustrophobic and because it focused only really on one character as they delivered their lines we missed out on reaction expressions that could have added something more to the comedy.

I think when filming you're restricted by budget in a lot of ways/

so a real strength is how the dialogue and performance covers for the static setting

I really liked this. Love the boganisms mixed in there. Sucked in mate.

great stuff. really enjoyed it.

Quote: DeathbyMonkey @ 25th June 2014, 3:07 PM BST

Really nice sketch, but can't help feeling the camera angles limited the humour. It was a little to claustrophobic and because it focused only really on one character as they delivered their lines we missed out on reaction expressions that could have added something more to the comedy.

That's very good feedback and I actually agree, it was a bit of a nightmare to edit and became the thing that was most apparent to me, and was a definite lesson there for me. Thanks for that.

Echoing what others have already said, this was great, really funny. Favourite lines;“take him for a swim” and “it’s not about the quality of the scarf”. Brilliant.

Fantastic idea and very well acted and best of all funny. Lovely stuff.