Help the gingers destroy humanity

Hi everyone, I'm working on a fantastic animated movie and we currently looking for help on kickstarter.

http://kck.st/1hGkSD2

Neb Wars: Attack of the Gingers is an animated, science fiction, comedy in which a race of evil ginger aliens invade planet Earth and it falls to a hapless group of teenagers from a small Welsh valley town to save humanity.

I understand everyone is in a hard way financially these days which is why if you can't pledge then any help you can give sharing the project would be greatly appreciated.

And finally, if you have any questions, I'm a regular lurker on here so please feel free to ask away and ill answer them as best I can. Wales

Red head?

Rolling eyes

Perhaps you could spread the word through a viral video - maybe film yourselves on camera phones punching and kicking ginger people in the street? A quick tire iron to the mouth on random red headed children should get you all the publicity you need.

It could catch on, with members of the public carrying out copy cat attacks on auburn follicled men, women and children on our streets.

And before you can say 'Didn't South Park do all this ginger stuff years ago? Are people still milking this unimaginative animated cow?' - you'll have all the Kickstarter money you could ever beg for for in no time.

surely there's a little milk left in the old girl yet before she goes to slaughter?

Sure we could bludgeon a few ginger babies and get some publicity, I doubt they'd be showing the movie at film night in the prison I end up in but it would be worth it right? right?!

All I can say in defence against your comment would be that the movie focuses more on the escapades of the invading Nebs then on the 'beating and humiliation of gingers'. That being said I know it's not to everyone's taste but any help you are willing to give be it by pledges or simply sharing with friends would be greatly appreciated and if you would like me to give your video/book/show a plug on the kickstarter page or our social media I'd be more then happy to.

The link doesn't work. I too fear this has been done to death, maybe you could concentrate on gingers with no freckles, now that's a real abomination.

I tend to go with RCP, starting producing an animated movie with out getting your concept right.
Is like taking a shit without pulling your pants down first.

There's many adjectives to describe producers who work to a concept they don't get. BBC is probably one of them...

Ha Ha...would it helped if I said they don't have freckles?

I've updated the link so it should work now.

In regards to the concept, its a fairly simple one. Alien invasion comedy, only instead of focusing on just the humans trying to defeat them the movie also gives you an insight into the workings of dysfunctional alien invasion. Yes the aliens are ginger but there are also ginger humans to fight against them. Perhaps starting this thread with such a title was a little misleading I guess.

If you don't want to go though kickstarter, you can check out some of our videos on YouTube or some artwork on facebook and a few short stories I've written as a spoof of a captains log

www.facebook.com/nebwars

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC9Trm1WpvpIjhofBEJ3HWjw

www.evildicey.wordpress.com

What is up with the voice on the YouTube video, it sounds like a Dalek having a stroke.

There's a few nice visual jokes in there, I like the famous cute aliens dying.

But overall it still feels kinda lose and unstructured.

The drawing style looks *very* similar to Family Guy too.

I didn't think so, but it looked very much it was from a kit.

If you make your "Gingers" feline, then Larry Niven and his friends have written all your plots for you, you just need to get permission to turn them into scripts.

http://www.larryniven.net/kzin/reviews.shtml

:)

Quote: billwill @ 3rd June 2014, 8:11 PM BST

If you make your "Gingers" feline, then Larry Niven and his friends have written all your plots for you, you just need to get permission to turn them into scripts.

http://www.larryniven.net/kzin/reviews.shtml

:)

They actually look like pretty good books! Thanks for sharing. They also brought back memories of an old game called Wing Commander I used to play, anyone else remember that? I'm sure the aliens on there were feline too.

In regards to other comments. Audio has been on going issue. It started off with just me trying to do voices, then I hired people on Fiverr to do voices until I decided to hire local voice actors do to the voices. We're also looking at using a Brighton based audio company to do clean up work on the audio as well as providing sound FX and music for the movie. In fact, one of the rewards is a digital download of our theme song 'The Man with the Ginger Hair' which is a retro spoof of a James Bond theme.

As far as kits go? I wasn't aware you could get kits to make animation like family guy? but I am happy to provide examples of work in progress if you want?

It started off life as a homage to Family Guy then when we started to take it serious and write a feature script based on the ideas we looked at other animation styles. One of the YouTube videos is a test of 3D animation. The people we showed it to liked the 2D idea better so we decided to stick with it.