Northerners.

In the north.

Guilty. North East.

Quote: David Chapman @ February 23, 2008, 1:20 AM

Northerners.

In the north.

Laughing out loud

North West

Northern Ireland. My favourite film is North by Northwest and I am thinking about getting one of those Northface coats which are popular at the moment especially by BBC Outside Broadcast presenters in the South.

Im from Carlisle, which is very north, now in Birmingham, which people here think is the north, but quite plainly isnt, and Im soon to move to London, which is in the south and now just about as far down as I can go from my hometown without living in the channel. Travelling back to see my parents is going to be a bitch. Thinking about breaking things off with them to save on the long, expensive train journeys; they cant really complain, weve had a good run.

Quote: Matthew Stott @ February 23, 2008, 10:42 AM

Im from Carlisle, which is very north, now in Birmingham, which people here think is the north, but quite plainly isnt

Damn right! Nottingham here which again everyone seems to think is north, but it's not it's in the middle!

Yeah, I'm in the middle too, although the general noise people tend to make always has a northern twang to it.

I too am in the middle, are we middle England?

Quote: Paul W @ February 23, 2008, 11:23 AM

Damn right! Nottingham here which again everyone seems to think is north, but it's not it's in the middle!

Given I'm in Newcastle I view Nottingham as proper pansy southener terretory, York is Midlands and i'm in the North and London is a strange mythical land where all the money goes to.

Quote: Ondupe @ February 23, 2008, 1:00 PM

Given I'm in Newcastle I view Nottingham as proper pansy southener terretory, York is Midlands and i'm in the North and London is a strange mythical land where all the money goes to.

It doesn't go to me.

I am also North East. I live in Northumberland-just! It's pretty much Newcastle. I love living in the north! :D

Ondupe-where abouts in Newcastle are you?

Quote: Ondupe @ February 23, 2008, 1:00 PM

Haven't you twigged yet? All the money goes to Scotland! Our money!!!

Quote: Up4it @ February 23, 2008, 2:18 PM

Haven't you twigged yet? All the money goes to Scotland! Our money!!!

That's true. I think we should invade - or better still build Hadrian's Wall higher.