Who do you fancy? Page 1,121

Quote: Ben @ 19th April 2014, 2:43 PM BST

Margot Robbie? Hello! YES!

Definitely agree with you all the way, Ben.

I really do think men and women have got different eyes :S
Not talking about this lady, just generally

*accosts a young Daryl Dixon*

Quote: zooo @ 20th April 2014, 10:47 PM BST

*accosts a young Daryl Dixon*

You're gonna end up on the SOR at this rate !

Society Of Radiographers? :O

He's actually 28 there. He just looks 16... *rubs thighs in manner of Vic Reeves*

Quote: zooo @ 21st April 2014, 12:10 AM BST

Society Of Radiographers? :O

He's actually 28 there. He just looks 16... *rubs thighs in manner of Vic Reeves*

I'm actually 67, I just look 28.

What a coincidence!

Quote: Hannah G @ 20th April 2014, 10:36 PM BST

I really do think men and women have got different eyes :S
Not talking about this lady, just generally

I couldn't agree more, we really do have different tastes. But that's to be expected, we're geared towards different criteria.

Whenever women are asked to rate other female celebrities in terms of attractiveness, they have a tendency to choose women who have 'masculine' traits - strong, confident, independent, successful, etc.

'I think Jessie J looks beautiful with her shaven head' is a statement that very few men have uttered.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 21st April 2014, 1:47 PM BST

Whenever women are asked to rate other female celebrities in terms of attractiveness, they have a tendency to choose women who have 'masculine' traits - strong, confident, independent

Like Vod from Fresh Meat. <3 <3 <3

But the less said about Jessie J the better. Sick

Well here is someone who is strong, confident, independent in a proper way (not just a pop star in a quirky outfit talking bollocks with a huge amount of misplaced self confidence).

51 year old Michelle Yeoh. For me the most beautiful woman in the world today, and has held that title (by my reckoning) for at least 20 years. She also does most her own stunts which I find quite hot. Great actress, works in many different genres (not just martial arts), intelligent, speaks several languages, physically tough without being masculine in any way, works all over the world without just pursuing Hollywood.

My favourite woman ever.

Jeebus, never would have guessed she was 51. She's ace.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 21st April 2014, 1:47 PM BST

they have a tendency to choose women who have 'masculine' traits - strong, confident, independent, successful, etc.

Yes, because a weak, needy, insecure failure is the very heart of femininity. Rolling eyes

Surely what this thread shows is that we all have very different tastes. That is the beauty of evolution - there really is someone for everyone. :)

Quote: Jennie @ 21st April 2014, 7:13 PM BST

Yes, because a weak, needy, insecure failure is the very heart of femininity. Rolling eyes

Our good friend Mr. Wiki says about feminine traits: 'gentleness, empathy, sensitivity, caring, sweetness, compassion, tolerance, nurturance, deference, and succorance'.

Both men and women can exhibit masculine and feminine traits. All I was pointing out was that we have a tendency to look for certain traits in a potential partner and that women rate other women's attractiveness based on their masculine traits.

Quote: Renegade Carpark @ 21st April 2014, 10:41 PM BST

succorance'.

I have never heard that word before.

I am yet to see an article where being independent, confident and successful are synonymous with masculinity.

Quote: Jennie @ 21st April 2014, 10:48 PM BST

I am yet to see an article where being independent, confident and successful are synonymous with masculinity.

Just go on Google and type in 'Alpha Male Traits'. A three second search is all it takes to find the answers to things.

All of the articles about the 'strong independent woman who is confident and successful' are based on a fairly recent media creation. Hijacking masculine traits and renaming them as gender neutral is certainly a trend. It might be a good thing, it might be about time, but they are qualities that have been used to typify male behaviours.