The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 554

So the fans' clamour for a trophy has finally got through to Venger. His solution to this quest: to give up their 16 year run in the champions league as it gets in the way a bit of winning things. Who else would have come up with such a plan? They don't call him the professor for nothing!

It will be hysterical if hull beat them in the final

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 13th April 2014, 7:37 AM BST

. His solution to this quest: to give up their 16 year run in the champions league as it gets in the way a bit of winning things.

I'm confused Alfred, are you saying that Wenger is deliberately making his team lose in the Premier League to win the FA Cup? Has the season ended early and the Champions League places already been handed out?

More worryingly, are supporters of other clubs afraid Arsenal will win a trophy so they can't use the same predictably dull criticism about not winning anything?

Hell of a battle going on at Anfield...

Well done Arsenal. Such a dominant result over Championship Wigan.

Well done Liverpool
I don't think they'll win the league but they've helped make it one of the best title races in years.

I think Liverpool are in the best position to win it. City have the recent experience of going right to the wire though.

Have you seen the latest scores ?

:O

What a night of interesting results. City are surely out of the title race now. I reckon it'll be decided on the final day.

No one is out of the race yet.
Well Arsenal are but I meant the top 3

Make the most of it.

24 months until The Mighty Wolves are up there!

Wonderful winner from the Welsh wizard winger.

Pseudo crap from Arsenal Wanker about Mesut Ozil.

"You wanted more of him but I think you see his quality when he is not there. "

He thinks he'll be player of the year next year.

So what the enigmatic Frenchman is saying is he blew 40m on a player just to leave him out of the side so he could say how good he was when he doesn't play. The bloke should be in a loony bin.

If he's really trying to say Arsenal would've won the league with Orvil playing every game then he should be in a padded cell. In other countries AW would be left to live out his life of unemployed wealth in his luxurious home, possibly invited on to the occasional football show to give his charming views on tactics.

But in England, he's paid 3m a year, seemingly guaranteed a job for life at one of our top clubs and businesses and added to that, millions of people still take him seriously. :S What are we like?

Quote: Chappers @ 18th April 2014, 4:18 PM BST

He thinks he'll be player of the year next year.

:O

Outrageous! A world class midfielder rated by every manager in football considered player of the year?! Whatever next? A humble Chelsea fan?

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 18th April 2014, 4:37 PM BST

If he's really trying to say Arsenal would've won the league with Orvil playing every game then he should be in a padded cell.

Yes, because getting 25 points in your first 10 Premier League games with fully fit players such as Ozil, Walcott, Wilshire and Ramsey was just a fluke.