Micky Flanagan

I was really shocked to find that there was no thread for stand-up comic Micky Flanagan. He is personally one of my favourite comedians. He is from London and first toured in 2011 with his "Out Out Tour" but is now currently on tour with his biggest tour yet "Back in the Game Tour". IMO he is very funny.

What's everybody else's thoughts on this great stand-up comic?

By the way, a TV edit of his 2011 tour is on TV this Friday (14th June) on Channel 4 at 10:35pm: https://www.comedy.co.uk/tv/micky_flanagans_out_out_tour/

I saw him at Latitude Festival. Really enjoyed him. Preferred him there to his TV stuff actually.

I think he's very good. But he's suffered from over-exposure of a relatively limited amount of material in a very short space of time. How often have we all heard that middle class/ambience/ketchup routine? Or indeed, the tour-titled 'out out' bit?

Quote: Aaron @ June 11 2013, 11:26 PM BST

I think he's very good. But he's suffered from over-exposure of a relatively limited amount of material in a very short space of time. How often have we all heard that middle class/ambience/ketchup routine? Or indeed, the tour-titled 'out out' bit?

Yes but you must admit he is rather funny! I'm watching him on C4 right now!

Very Funny

I like his peeping bits.

(No innuendo intended.)

Quote: zooo @ June 15 2013, 1:01 AM BST

I like his peeping bits.

(No innuendo intended.)

Laughing out loud

Never disappointed by Micky, whether that has been Live, DVD, TV Appearances....etc. I can appreciate that the extent of his exposure over a short time has led to a fair amount of repetition of material on occasions but he's never failed to entertain.

Sat down with the whole family to watch Out Out & Back In The Game double box set at Christmas. Audience included grand children (older teenagers) and parents through to grand parents as well and everyone loved both tours and laughed heartily from start to finish. My grandmother nearly fell of her chair in tears at one point.

Highly recommended. :)

What! They all liked the 'casual c**ting' material :)

I wouldn't have said it was liked as such. But maybe in the non offensive (as in not targetted at anyone) context of its use it seemed less offensive and so it didn't upset anyone or detract from the enjoyment of his act :)

Hugely over-exposed, which means you're regularly treated to seeing the same material being repeated in different formats and shows.

It's a fate that potentially awaits the likes of Miles Jupp and Gary Delaney (IMO much superior standups to Flanagan) if they're not careful.

He is defineitly successful but I think proper comedy fans find him a bit bland

Quote: Luca Love @ 29th January 2014, 8:05 PM GMT

Who are these proper comedy fans?

Is everyone else fake comedy fans?

So these fake comedy fans that don't find him bland actually propbably do find him bland but are being fake about it?

So are we saying no-one actually likes him?

Damn people for not being proper comedy fans?

*shakes fist*

Damn you fake comedy fans.

Quote: Luca Love @ 29th January 2014, 8:05 PM GMT

He's a bit obvious. No really substance behind his act. That's fine though, if you're into that kind of thing.