Rab C. Nesbitt Special

Rab C. Nesbitt special on tonight. BBC Two at 10pm.

Who is tuning in?

Em x

(dons string vest)

Never watched Rab before, but having discovered and fell in love with another Scottish sitcom (Still Game) recently, I'll give it a go.

There's nothing else on anyway so why not.

Gregor Fisher does it again. Top class Rab C. Nesbitt. I laughed my head off all the way through it. Some of my freinds have said they can't understand a word he says but I have no such problems - I must have a Glasgow gene somewhere in my English DNA. As soon as I heard Rab's voice I knew I was in for a treat and I wasn't disappointed; it was great to see the whole crew back together again, so much so that I hadn't realised how much I'd missed this show and it's about time the show was a regular fixture again/ As Rab says "the scum always rises to the top" and long may it do so.

Quote: Father Jack @ 3rd January 2014, 5:43 AM GMT

Gregor Fisher does it again. Top class Rab C. Nesbitt. I laughed my head off all the way through it. Some of my freinds have said they can't understand a word he says but I have no such problems - I must have a Glasgow gene somewhere in my English DNA. As soon as I heard Rab's voice I knew I was in for a treat and I wasn't disappointed; it was great to see the whole crew back together again, so much so that I hadn't realised how much I'd missed this show and it's about time the show was a regular fixture again/ As Rab says "the scum always rises to the top" and long may it do so.

I complete agree with this post. Loved the show. Would everyone like another series? I know I would!!

It was a highly under rated sitcom, especially in its best period, never gets much forum praise and came amazingly low on that odd sitcom top 50 list. But if it wasn't Scottish I doubt we'd have seen so much of it, they tend to get easier recommissions if half good because of the box ticking thing. I think if it had ended sooner, near its best then it may be higher rated now. Fantastic characters, very good writing at its peak. Shall watch special soon.

All time classic! Jamesie Cotter is one of my favorite sitcom characters ever.
Sad fact is that no one would write one like him anymore.