The all-in-one consolidatory football thread Page 511

I believe he is, in a clutch of 6 forwards including Wellbeck, who seems to have slotted well into Young's old role. I'd take Defoe, handy from bench, doesn't moan much these days about lack of games, looks much sharper now he's not playing so much. Hope Barkley gets some game time, we seem to have found a promising clutch of young players very quickly. Germany will be a good test of England's potential, hope a resurgent Rooney tears them apart. England

Quote: Alfred J Kipper @ 7th November 2013, 11:58 PM GMT

I believe he is, in a clutch of 6 forwards including Wellbeck, who seems to have slotted well into Young's old role. I'd take Defoe, handy from bench, doesn't moan much these days about lack of games, looks much sharper now he's not playing so much. Hope Barkley gets some game time, we seem to have found a promising clutch of young players very quickly. Germany will be a good test of England's potential, hope a resurgent Rooney tears them apart. England

Golden Generation II eh?

And about time too. Just hope the Krauts don't wreck their confidence by banging 4 or 5 in.

Just remember that we beat Spain two years ago in a friendly...

Well.

Thank God that afternoon is over. :S

Although Arsenal had the majority of the possession, I think United were looking back to their old selves. Rooney certainly played his socks off. They're definitely in with a shot of getting a top four spot now, but they're still missing those pinpoint passes to unlock defences.

Quote: Ben @ 10th November 2013, 7:33 PM GMT

Although Arsenal had the majority of the possession, I think United were looking back to their old selves. Rooney certainly played his socks off. They're definitely in with a shot of getting a top four spot now, but they're still missing those pinpoint passes to unlock defences.

No chance. The antichrist has gone and they'll need a bit more than luck, cheating and intimidation.

I fear Chelsea are about to enter that terrible mid-season spell that means the end of the season gets sweaty - once again!

Jol needs to be sacked asap if Fulham are to salvage anything from this season.

Quote: Rob H @ 11th November 2013, 10:13 AM GMT

Jol needs to be sacked asap if Fulham are to salvage anything from this season.

Who do you think would do a better job with that bunch of players, Rob?

Looking at your results so far this season, the only really bad one was the home defeat to Cardiff, in terms of points dropped. Your first 11 fixtures were particularly tough, but your next 10 look relatively better.

I honestly think the group of players are good enough for a comfortable mid-table finish. We have looked utterly directionless this season. The three games we've won, we've been fortunate in all of them. Even in the Palace game we won 4-1, they utterly outplayed us for twenty minutes until we scored with a wonderstrike. Another greta strike before half time and they were utterly demoralised. In that game we had nine touches inside the opposition penalty area.

As to who, there's no realistic stand-out candidate. I wouldn't want Curbishley, don't particularly get excited by the idea of Di Matteo, and Solskjaer - who would be my pick - is admittedly a bit of a gamble.

Chelsea's last minute penalty at the weekend was:

Quote: Chappers @ 10th November 2013, 8:42 PM GMT

luck, cheating and intimidation.

C'mon, Chappers, stop making it so easy.

THE STRANGE CASE OF ARSENAL, GERMANY AND A BUG

On 1 September, Wenger announced that Wilshere had a stomach bug.

On 2 September, Ozil signed for Arsenal.

On 10 September, Ozil and Mertesacker both played brilliantly for Germany against the Faroe Islands.

On 13 September, Ozil and Mertesacker arrived back in London feeling "under the weather" and were immediately told to sit out training. Ozil unexpectedly played a day or two later but not Mertesacker.

On 16 September, Wenger said that both "had a stomach bug". The papers speculated that the bug had been caught from another member of the German team.

On 25 October, Wenger explained a poor performance against Dortmund - "Ozil was sick before the game and was not at his best physically on the night."

On 10 November, it was reported that Ramsey was "physically jaded". Arteta, Gnabry and Rosicky were ill.

On 11 November, Joachim Löw told German newspaper Bild that Ozil and Mertesacker had been advised to stay in London and not to fly to play for the German team after falling ill.

Oh what a surprise.

"Michael Carrick & Daniel Welbeck withdraw from England squad"

Who needs the little shits anyway?

"Manchester United defender Phil Jones claims critics have been desperate for the team to fail after a poor start".

F**k me - what a twat. How long has it taken him to realise that?

Quote: Chappers @ 12th November 2013, 11:05 PM GMT

Oh what a surprise.

"Michael Carrick & Daniel Welbeck withdraw from England squad"

Who needs the little shits anyway?

"Manchester United defender Phil Jones claims critics have been desperate for the team to fail after a poor start".

F**k me - what a twat. How long has it taken him to realise that?

:D

ARE THEY MAD?

England are to switch bases ahead of friendlies against Chile and Germany after a stomach bug alert at the site of the National Football Centre. A small number of visitors to St George's Park in Staffordshire were affected over the weekend, said the Football Association.

No players have experienced any virus symptoms but the Under-21s are moving hotels as a precaution. The senior side will report to the Grove Hotel near Watford on Tuesday before training at...........

.............London Colney - Arsenal's training ground. :)