Live! Girls! Present Dogtown

I've just watched Dogtown (Our guide here) on the BBC Website.

Has anyone else seen it yet?, I'd be interested to hear opinions.

Yet another shitcom from the BBC.

I watched it yesterday & thought it was very funny.

The Arsonist Dwarf was different & I loved the Film Noiresque (if that is such a word?) Library scenes.

The two ladies illicity acting out their fantasies was a hoot. Loved the build up to it.

Its good to see some new faces on the TV comedy scene.

I've seen the first episode and absolutely loved it. The Live! Girls! Sketch Shows were great too but in a sketch format the characters have to be instantly demonstrative, whereas in a sitcom they have more room to breathe.

The first episode is really funny, but naturally the characters and plotlines are being introduced so I think it will pick up even more steam as the episodes progress. Although it is a sitcom I was pleased to see a few bizarre snapshots like they had on stage, in particular the silent man in the optician.

People (critics) have already been comparing Dogtown to Little Britain and The League of Gentlemen. Why is this? Being compared to critical and commercial successes is of course positive, but it shows either a laziness of critical analysis or implies a lack of originality by the show's writers. At an early Edinburgh show the Live! Girls! were compared to French and Saunders because they were a female comedy duo not because their comedy was like that of French and Saunders.

Dogtown IS original and its characters intriguing. I am really pleased to see the Live! Girls! have a series and that it lives up to their Edinburgh shows. Thank you Jon Plowman...more please.

Gah, when was/is that on? Bloody NTL!

The first screening is 3rd October @ 10.55pm on BBC Three. Or if that is too late for you you can watch it on the BBC Three website.

This is where I caught it. (A bit grainy but watchable on my 2mb Download speed.

Enjoy

I certainly did!

I can see where the League of Gentleman comparisons come from in that Dogtown features a collection of grotesques all living in a small town.

Thanks for that, Donnomc. If ntl get off their bloody arses and connect me up in time, I'll certainly watch. :)

If NTL are involved, you should be connected by next Christmas...a truly dreadful company, just unbelievably incompetent.

Yes I'm with NTHell as well. Useless.

Ha ha, yes, I'm growing increasingly aware! Might see if Homechoice can do anything for me...

I didn't watch it all, but I liked what I saw.
It seems to just be called Dogtown now. The Live! Girls! thing is really offputting for some reason, so I'm glad.

Awful. Even worse than Tittybangbang. It's like The League Of Gentleman without any jokes or anything humorous whatsoever. Ricky Gervais/Andy Millman points out how crap comedies are when they rely on big glasses or curly wigs to get their laughs. That's all this show had. I'd have much rather settled for some twee one liners and creaking old jokes, rather than the tedium that was served up. Not funny, should never have been commissioned. I work with the people at BBC 3 and unofficially they've admitted they think it's a turkey.

yESnO - YOU THICK IDIOT. You have totally missed the point. I think loads of comedy on beeb 3 is SHIT. I tuned in expecting the same of this. And this was fantastic - I think you missed it. It was hilarious and the point was it was meant to not have the crass punchlines etc so many other shows do. It's funny and clever.

Unlike your reply. Puberty is a difficult time ,so I'll let it pass. If it makes you happy, then I'm very pleased for you. As I said, BBC 3 hate it. They know they made a mistake. Want to take a bet on whether or not it'll be recommissioned? I know the answer.
Want to take a bet on it winning any awards, or getting any decent reviews in the press?