R.I.P. Felix Dexter Page 2

Very sad news, he played a good part in Citizen Khan. RIP.

Quote: G180e @ October 19 2013, 3:09 PM BST

Very sad news, he played a good part in Citizen Khan. RIP.

Who did he play as in CK?

RIP A true legend has passed away and God will take great care of him because he was such a great man! :(

Loved this guy?.... will miss him, soo talented? 'Is it because Iis Nigerian'..

wonderful- but cut short?.......night Felix man xxxxxx

Really sad news. Not sure why Felix never got his own show or why he did not become a top top star. He always stole the show or sketch when he appeared with others.

Will be much missed by many.

He did have a stand-up special, 1995's Felix Dexter On TV.

(Am I the only one who doesn't know who he is/was?)

Probably!

Yes, very grim news; tragically young. (I enjoyed an excellent Desert Island Discs last week, the barrister who was the basis for 'Rumpole'; he's looking forward to his 99th birthday soon).

Felix was obviously very well-respected. He was a brilliant performer- one of my favourites in Down The Line.

Quote: Fred C Dobbs @ October 22 2013, 10:02 PM BST

(I enjoyed an excellent Desert Island Discs last week, the barrister who was the basis for 'Rumpole'; he's looking forward to his 99th birthday soon).

John Mortimer? He wrote Rumpole.

A funny, funny man. Sad day.

Quote: Chappers @ October 22 2013, 8:19 PM BST

(Am I the only one who doesn't know who he is/was?)

Why would you post this is in the thread commemorating someone's death? You berk.

Quote: Godot Taxis @ October 23 2013, 2:22 PM BST

Why would you post this is in the thread commemorating someone's death? You berk.

That made me laugh - for some reason I read it in Felix's voice (If that makes sense).

Quote: Chappers @ October 22 2013, 10:49 PM BST

John Mortimer? He wrote Rumpole.

Jeremy Hutchinson, a friend of Mortimer, who based Rumpole on him (!).

At risk of being a bit off topic, this was a fascinating life story, not over yet. Shipwrecked with Mountbatten during WWII; visited Harlem jazz clubs during the beginnings of bebop; defended the publishers of Lady Chatterley's Lover, and was involved in the Profumo court case (defending Christine Keeler).

He's now in the House of Lords, the oldest peer, unsurprisingly.

Because I'm a berk?

Sorry RIP.

THE BBC is set to pay tribute to comedian Felix Dexter with a special 30-minute programme.

http://www.voice-online.co.uk/article/bbc-air-felix-dexter-tribute