Last week's Virgin train crash

As soon as I heard Richard Branson was visiting the site of the crash, I imagined him walking amongst the twisted, smoking wreckage like Colonel Kilgore in 'Apocalypse Now', throwing Virgin Megastore vouchers onto the wounded as they lay there, moaning.

Branson:
"Any man, brave enough to ride these trains, can shop in my store anytime"

Severely injured passenger
"Uhhh" <groans>

Branson:
"Get this man a Virgin Cola!"

<End>

Would something like that be considered acceptable for this forum (this being my 1st post)?

Hi Pablo

Yeah, this is fine. There don't seem to be *too* many boundaries on here for taste!

I found it funny even though I *still* haven't seen Apocalypse Now

Well done

:)

Dan

lol good.

I love the smell of sketching writing in the morning...

Some people might have problem with boundaries but if the train crash hadn't have happened and this was just made up most should agree its a funny little sketch, some good visuals I would imagine

I think jokes about this subject matter can be in bad taste but in this and many other cases, it's not the victims of the crash who are the victims of the joke, so I think that's fine.

I also think that you can have stuff like this where if it was ever filmed, you can have a fictional character with few recognisable clues as to who you had in mind and everyone else laughs out of recognition of that.

Like it. Short and to the point. Would look very good visually. May i humbly make a suggestion? Branson could be flanked on either side by Pam Anderson and Kate Moss, who are handing out the Cola. Nice work...Bobo

Short and to the point. Like a small cone.

Thanks for the input guys! Bobo, you're damn right - Pammy and Kate would make it more visually appealing. Good stuff.