- Burn Gorman, Kate O'Flynn, Aymen Hamdouchi, Chris Waitt, Jo Hartley, Kulvinder Ghir, Sandy Morton, Warren Brown and more
- Zam Salim
- Zam Salim
- Annalise Davis and Andy Paterson
Martin (deceased) is stuck in a dead-end job, welcoming the newly departed into the afterlife. All he dreams of is going 'Up There'. But his plans are thrown into disarray when he has to team up with the relentlessly chirpy Rash and together they lose a new arrival.
The mismatched pair give chase and end up in a remote seaside town populated by cocky teenagers, sinister old women and the enigmatic Liz, who has 'suicide written all over her'.
Can they stop bickering long enough to find the lost soul? Will Rash be reunited with his brother Chunky? And can Martin get back in time to finally get 'Up There'?
Written and Directed by Zam Salim, Up There is based on his hit short film Laid Off which was a runaway success at festivals around the world, and has gone on to become a YouTube hit, garnering over half a million hits and a five star audience rating. It won the silver Grand Jury Award at the San Francisco Short Film Festival, the Audience Award and Best Film at the Jim Poole Awards, Best Narrative Short Film at the RiverRun Film Festival, and was nominated for Best Short Film at the European Independent Film Festival.
- Caring in the afterlife is a dead-end job
- 80 minutes
- Most recent repeats
- Monday 9th March 2020 at 12:20am on BBC2
- Sunday 10th February 2019 at 12:20am on BBC2
- Sunday 28th August 2016 at 11:00pm on BBC2