- Peter Sellers, Lionel Jeffries, Bernard Cribbins, Davy Kaye, Nanette Newman, Bill Kerr, John Le Mesurier, Irene Browne and more
- John Warren, Len Heath, Ray Galton, Alan Simpson, John Antrobus, Ivor Jay and William Whistance Smith
- Cliff Owen
- Aubrey Baring, Robert Velaise and Cecil F. Ford
The London crime scene is neatly tied up between two large organised gangs - run by Pearly Gates and Nervous O'Toole, respectively - and a few independent operators. Having recently formed an alliance to separate their potential targets, each side is therefore deeply unhappy when their most high-stakes operations seem to be constantly foiled by the police.
Initially eyeing each other up very suspiciously, the two sides soon realise that there is in fact another, unknown gang in town, who're somehow learning of their plans before turning up on the scene of each crime dressed as police officers, pretending to arrest the gang members, and confiscating their loot.
When these newcomers - an Australian trio lead by Jack Coombes - also start taking on the real police with a similar con, a very unlikely alignment of interests occurs: the crime syndicate and the Metropolitan Police call a truce, with the intention of pouring all of their combined planning and resources into catching the interlopers so that normality can resume.
However, as the Australians continue to receive tip-offs of the criminals' and police's activities and newfound allegiance, and the Scotland Yard's Inspector Parker becomes increasingly frustrated, it seems that a lot more than a set-up bullion van heist will be needed to put the Brits back at the top of London's underworld hierarchy!
Stream and download
- UK certificate
- 95 minutes
- Camera set-up
- Single camera
- Black and white
- Most recent repeats
- Sunday 26th January 2020 at 1:35pm on TPTV
- Monday 9th December 2019 at 4:15am on TPTV
- Tuesday 26th November 2019 at 10:00pm on TPTV
- Beaconsfield and Denham Aerodrome
- Beaconsfield Studios