- John Dighton
- Alastair Sim, Margaret Rutherford, Guy Middleton, Joyce Grenfell, Edward Rigby, Muriel Aked, John Bentley, Bernadette O'Farrell and others
- Frank Launder and John Dighton
- Frank Launder
- Sidney Gilliat and Frank Launder
As the stuff of Nutbourne College return to their premises at the end of the summer holidays and prepare to welcome back the boys for another year, they are horrified to discover that another school is about to arrive, expected to share their facilities by the Ministry of Education.
Headmaster Wetherby Pond is outraged not to have been informed but sets about trying to work out where 100 extra boys, and their teachers, might sleep.
It is not long, however, before the first students begin arriving, and there is a further shock in store: the incoming St. Swithin's is an all-girls establishment!
- UK certificate
- 83 minutes
- Release date
- Wednesday 8th March 1950
- Production companies
- Black and white
- Music composed by Mischa Spoliansky, conducted by Dr. Hubert Clifford and played by the London Film Orchestra.
- Laugh track
Supporters and subscribers get more
- Last repeat
- Thursday 3rd January 2019 at 9:40am on BBC2