- 15th January via The Guardian: Stan & Ollie and The Favourite performing at box office
- 14th January via Daily Mail: Olivia Colman wins Critics' Choice Award
- 8th January via The Guardian: The Favourite begins reign at UK box office
- 18th December via The Guardian: The Favourite gets 10 London critics nominations
- 10th December via The Guardian: The Favourite gets 14 Critics' Choice nominations
- Olivia Colman, Rachel Weisz, Emma Stone, Nicholas Hoult, James Smith, Mark Gatiss and Joe Alwyn
- Deborah Davis and Tony McNamara
- Yorgos Lanthimos
- Ceci Dempsey, Ed Guiney, Yorgos Lanthimos, Lee Magiday, Andrew Lowe, Ken Kao, Daniel Battsek and Rose Garnett
The Favourite is a bawdy, acerbic tale of royal intrigue, passion, envy and betrayal in the court of Queen Anne in early 18th century England. This period comedy has been made by the same production team as The Lobster.
Early 18th century. England is at war with the French. Nevertheless, duck racing and pineapple eating are thriving. A frail Queen Anne occupies the throne and her close friend Lady Sarah governs the country in her stead while tending to Anne's ill health and mercurial temper. When a new servant Abigail arrives, her charm endears her to Sarah. Sarah takes Abigail under her wing and Abigail sees a chance at a return to her aristocratic roots.
As the politics of war become quite time consuming for Sarah, Abigail steps into the breach to fill in as the Queen's companion. Their burgeoning friendship gives her a chance to fulfil her ambitions and she will not let woman, man, politics or rabbit stand in her way.