- Maurice Elvey
- Fred Emney, Cardew Robinson, Vera Day, Johnny Brandon, Davy Kaye, Freddie Mills, Gerald Campion, Miriam Karlin and more
- Anthony Verney, Fred Emney, Peter Noble and Denis Waldock
- Maurice Elvey
- David Dent and Peter Noble
Boarding school headmaster Dr. Jankers is too fond of a tipple - and far too fond of a flutter on the horses, resulting in a £250 debt to a pair of heavy London bookies. To make matters worse, it's the school's own funds he's been gambling with, and the debt is about to be called in!
Meanwhile, the school's resident twit, Cardew, is unwittingly the source of all said funds: a rich uncle left a large financial settlement in his will, to be paid to the school for every year he is a pupil there. After sixteen years on the register, Jankers has never been more reluctant to see him pass any exams as he is now, but the education ministry has cottoned on to this long-term student and are also hot on the heels of St. Fanny's.
As various parties all head to the school in an attempt to find out what's going on, an almighty collision of wills and intentions looks set to occur. And perhaps it's time for Cardew to do a bit of growing up.
Stream and download
- UK certificate
- 80 minutes
- UK release
- January 1956
- Camera set-up
- Single camera
- Black and white
- Most recent repeats
- Friday 2nd June 2017 at 3:15pm on London Live
- Tuesday 6th December 2016 at 2:00pm on London Live
- Sunday 4th December 2016 at 8:35am on London Live
- Twickenham Film Studios - May 1955, three weeks